At least Siv Maria over at Been There, Done That thinks so! She has been kind enough to grace me with my first award for Pretty Opinionated. Thank you so much! According to the rules, I need to write 7 things about myself and pass it on to seven other bloggers. I’ll get to the second part after the boy goes to bed, but the first part is a little easier. After all, who doesn’t like talking about themselves?
1. Aside from Pretty Opinionated, I also write Pretty Nameless, which ironically also won this award, and I’m trying to thing of seven totally new things to tell you. Pretty Nameless is my personal, blah-blah-blah blog, where I dump everything out of my brain at the end of the day. Pretty Opinionated was designed to be my review blog, where I can wax philosophical about all the products and services that I love. I’ve always loved sharing my opinions, but I didn’t want to weigh down my personal blog with reviews and giveaways.
2. I read a lot, in case you can’t tell by the fact that half my reviews are about books. When I moved recently, it took over 17 bins to hold my books, and that’s not counting the ones already in storage. I finally caved and bought a Kindle, not because I want less physical books, but because I figure I can get MORE books if I add another reading option.
3. I lived in Misawa, Japan for 2.5 years when my husband was in the Navy. I loved every minute of it and wish I could go back. I’m heartbroken for the whole country right now.
4. I am extremely shy in real life. I only started networking and commenting on other blogs over the past few months, in an effort to force myself out of my shell. I’m so glad I have because I’ve found the blogging community to be very supportive of each other and it has really increased my self-confidence.
5. I love coffee. Mostly, I love good coffee, but I’m far from a caffeine snob. Much to the disgust of everyone around me, it doesn’t bother me to drink my coffee after it has gotten cold and been sitting around for hours.
6. I was Mary Poppins in my kindergarten play, back when kindergarten was about fun and not so high stress. I wish my son could experience that, instead of the brutal standardized test prep that kindergarten has become.
7. I’m only 5″2.75″ tall. And yes, that .75 is very important to me! I like to tell people that I’m average height. I insist that I’m average. Years ago, the average woman was like 5’7″. Now it’s 5’5″. We as a species are shrinking, and soon I’ll be average height!
I’ll work on passing this along after boy child is in bed (and probably after NCIS, I’m hooked on my television shows!) Thank you again to “Been There, Done That” for my award!!