When Jacob was born 8 weeks early, he spent 13 days in the NICU. During that time, I was in and out visiting him frequently. Every time I entered, touched him, or left, I had to wash my hands with antibacterial cleanser and apply a hand sanitizer. Two years later, when I was a nursing student, I was applying hand sanitizer approximately 30 times a day during clinical rotations. Throughout the past nine years, during Christmas and Easter, I’ve worked at a photo set taking pictures of children, and, you guessed it, slathering on the sanitizer in the hopes of keeping germs at bay so I could spend the holidays without taking massive doses of cold medication. The point is, I know hand sanitizers. I know how much they sting and burn when you’re applying them to dry, cracked hands hour after hour. I know how their strong alcohol scent can be overpowering at times. I know how I wished I could find something that worked without all the suffering.
Prefense To the Rescue!
Prefense is that miracle sanitizer I was wishing for. It doesn’t burn. It doesn’t smell. It doesn’t make me want to run away screaming every time I put it on. Prefense doesn’t rely on alcohol to get the job done. Instead, it contains silica, and actually softens your hands when you use it! Silica slices and dices the germs, not your delicate skin. It does contain essential oil fragrance, but I had to sniff really hard to smell anything (yes, I tried, I wanted to give an accurate review!). I’m going to admit to a bad habit here, because it relates to the review- I bite my nails. Worse, I bite the skin around my nails. Seriously, it’s awful. When I use sanitizers with alcohol in them, it hurts. Like “eyes tearing, wave your hands around in the air, mommy please blow on my fingers and make it better” hurts. Prefense doesn’t hurt. Finally, I can bite my nails in peace without fear of a painful stinging sensation every time I want to prevent germs from invading my personal space. I also love that it sanitizes without containing the usual antibacterial ingredients. Germs are getting smarter, and using a myriad of antibacterial products is like giving them a crash course in how to become more drug-resistant. Since Prefense works by slicing the germs, there’s really nothing in it for them to become immune to.
Key Benefits of Prefense
– One application lasts all day, or up to 10 hand-washings. So apply it in the morning, and you’re good to go until the next morning.
– It’s 100% poison-free, so if you accidentally swallow it, it wont hurt you! Don’t drink it though, that would just be weird.
– It’s safe for kids, so you can use it on the little munchkins before they head out the door in the morning, and they’ll be just fine if they happen to stick their hands in their mouths. Why would they do that? I have no idea. Why do kids do anything?
– Prefense protects against staph, strep, E.coli, MRSA, and more. It takes down the germs that leave other sanitizers running for cover. Seriously, where was this stuff when I was in nursing school?
– Because “one spray lasts all day,” 1.5 oz Prefense Foaming Hand Sanitizer offers 120 applications, costing only $.08 per day, compared to $1.20 per day with alcohol hand sanitizers.
BUY IT: While Prefense is available in some stores (use the store locator to find one near you), you can also buy it directly on their website at a great price compared to other retailers.
WIN IT: One reader will win their very own BIG 8oz. bottle of Prefense Sanitizer. If you use one squirt per day, this bottle could theoretically last you for two years. I am trying out Rafflecopter for this giveaway, so just follow the instructions on the widget. Giveaway is open to US Residents and ends on 6/16/11.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com created by WebBizIdeas.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Tomoson Product review & giveaway Disclosure.
Sponsored by Tomoson.com