Halloween has come and gone, but in my opinion, any time of the year is a great time for a costume party. I think with Mardi Gras coming up soon (I know it’s only the first week of January, but time moves much more quickly these days for some reason), it’s a good time to start planning so you can have the coolest costume at the party. The Fancy Dress Ball, out of the UK, has some great fancy dress ideas for those who want to go with something a little flirty or fun. They have a really wide selection of dresses and costumes from 60s, 70s, and 80s, as well as fun stuff like fairy dresses, superhero dresses, and more. In fact, if you’re thinking of throwing a costume party of your own, you can use the site to give you ideas for themes.
Fun Costume Party Themes For Throughout the Year
- Throw a Valentines Day costume/matchmaking party for your single friends and dress up as Cupid. Or, if you’re into the whole Chicago gangland era, throw a Valentine’s Day Massacre party and have everyone come as their favorite old-time gangster.
- April 2nd is Children’s Book Day, so celebrate by having kids and parents dress up as their favorite storybook character. I, of course, would go as Alice.
- On May 17th, throw a party in which guests wear costumes made from stuff around their house to celebrate National Pack Rat Day. Yes, they have a day for people like me!
- While July 4th sounds like it would be an ideal day for a themed costume party, I’d rather dress up as my favorite superhero and celebrate Embrace Your Inner Geekness day on July 13th. Or you can hold off until September 25th and do the same thing for National Comic Book Day.
- Halloween fancy dress ideas for you to peruse. October has more great days that scream “wear a costume!” than just Halloween. There’s Mad Hatter Day on the 6th, Oktoberfest, International Skeptics Day on the 13th (dress up like ghosts and scare the crud out of those skeptics!), and Punk for a Day Day on the 25th (I prefer to be a punk rock girl year-round, so you can all dress as me!). Of course, if you want to go the traditional route and just do a Halloween party, Fancy Dress Ball has plenty of
There are dozens of other days that would make good themed costume party ideas throughout the year. It seems like every day is National Something Day. So don’t restrict yourself to the obvious! Get creative and have some fun!