I am loving this new “get a box of goodies for a low price” thing that’s going on today. The premise is pretty awesome: you pay a relatively low price and get a box of full-size and samplers for products you may not know about. KLUTCHclub is one of those new companies, and their boxes focus on healthy living. I received the May KLUTCHbox the day I got home from surgery. I wasn’t coherent enough to think about taking a picture before diving into it, so I’m using the stock photo. Sorry about that! You’d think it would be so ingrained in my that even under the influence of anesthesia and pain killers, I’d know better.
In My KLUTCHbox
- Kristin McGee’s Power Yoga DVD- I haven’t had a chance to try this one out yet, but it’s a detoxifying workout designed by the MTV Power Yoga star.
- A bottle of ZICO Coconut Water- Packed with as much potassium as 15 regular sports drinks, coconut water is the perfect beverage for rehydrating after a workout, and it’s delicious too! Did you know that coconut water can be used as IV fluids in an emergency? I learned that on the very short-lived Off the Map show and looked it up to see it if was true. It’s really a wonderful beverage!
- Full-size bottle of Barleans Flaxseed Oil- Flaxseed oil is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids and lignans, which can do a plethora of good for your body. Benefits may include: better heart health, hormonal balance, joint health, better skin and nail, and more. I mixed mine in with my coffee, it didn’t seem to alter the flavor at all. I did notice an oily texture, but it’s easier for me to mix it than take it straight. I’ll have to try mixing with other stuff to see if it works better.
- Kind Bar- Okay, I ate this one before looking at the actual flavor. Hey, remember, I was all doped up! It was dark chocolate with some sort of nuts. Whatever it was, it was delicious!
- Snack-size bag of Plentils Chips- Sal snagged these and said they were great. They were the Dill and Sour Cream flavor. With just 130 calories per serving (about 31 chips), they’re a relatively low-cal, healthy snack.
- Shea Terra Rose Hips Black Soap- The small 1oz bottle is enough for quite a few good face washes. African Black Soap is made from the ashes of certain plants, like cocoa and palm tree leaves. It’s very good for your skin and really gets deep into the pores to clean out impurities. It looks a little strange coming out of bottle, but I assure you, once you start scrubbing, it looks like regular face soap. I definitely noticed a difference after using it, but I did find it a little drying. Just use moisturizer after cleansing and you’ll be fine.
- Tea Forte tea bags, HyDrive Energy drink, and more.
The KLUTCHbox was so loaded with goodies that I haven’t had a chance to try them all yet. Every month, the box contains different healthy products. My box contained over $60 worth of stuff. You can subscribe to the KLUTCHclub for one month, three months, or one year. If you go for the year subscription, each box is $16. Try it for one month for $18. June’s box contains over $100 worth of goodies!