I’ve read so many dieting books in the past, and to be totally honest, I lose interest by about the 10th page. Between long introductions, case studies, personal stories, and windy explanations about how or why a particular tactic works, I never seem to be able to find the information that I’m actually looking for. With 101 Kick Ass + 101 MORE Kick Ass Things To Do Instead Of Eating: Get The Flat Belly You Deserve! + BONUS – THE FRIDGE NO CHEAT SHEET by Lexi Burke Alexander, the entire book contains just the info that I want most. It’s actually a compilation of two books, and if you buy them together, it comes with a handy printable No Cheat Fridge Sheet that you can hang right on your refrigerator as a reminder to do something else before you reach for the ice-cream.
The Dieting Logic Behind The Books
The Kick Ass Things to Do Instead of Eating books are based on the very solid logic that most of us overeat when we’re bored, stressed, or experiencing some other range of emotions rather than when we’re actually hungry. If you’re truly hungry, then by all means, you should eat. But if you’re scanning the cabinets or opening the fridge out of some other emotion, do something else! Lexi’s books give you a combined total of 202 other things you can do instead of stuffing food in your face.
Benefits of Reading 101 Kick Ass Things to Do Instead of Eating
- It’s not a diet program, so you don’t need to run out and purchase special foods and start eliminating entire food groups from your eating regimen.
- Anyone can follow the tips in the book. There are enough different types of things to do instead of eating that anyone should be able to find a plethora of other activities to do besides eating, regardless of your physical capabilities.
- You can start right away, or any other time you want. No preparation needed.
- Every page is useful! Open the book to any given page and you’ll find exactly what you need. No long intros to muddle through, no “let me tell you a story about Sue, who did this, that and the other thing, and eventually I’ll get to the point and tell you how you can do it to” nonsense. If you’ve read my non-fiction book reviews in the past, you already know how much I can’t stand long-winded personal case studies. It’s not that I don’t care about how other people succeed, I love reading success stories online and on other blogs. When I’m reading an information book, however, I just want the information without the fluff.
- It’s written with a sense of humor.The title alone suggests that this is not your average dieting book. Lexi writes as though she were speaking with you, not at you. The Kick Ass Things to Do Instead of Eating books are very conversational.
- It’s an all-weather book! The activities range from things you can do while laying in your own bed to activities that involve getting out of the house and moving. Some are relaxing, some are more aerobic in nature. Like I said before, there’s something for everyone.
Buy the Book
Buy 101 Kick Ass + 101 MORE Kick Ass Things To Do Instead Of Eating: Get The Flat Belly You Deserve! + BONUS – THE FRIDGE NO CHEAT SHEET on Amazon for the Kindle for just $4.99.
Connect with Lexi Burke Alexander
Win a copy of 101 Kick Ass + 101 MORE Kick Ass Things To Do Instead Of Eating: Get The Flat Belly You Deserve! + BONUS – THE FRIDGE NO CHEAT SHEET ebooks by entering on the Rafflecopter form below. Remember, if you don’t have an eReader, you can always download the Kindle app for your computer! The author would love it if winners could add a review on Amazon of the book after they read it. While this isn’t mandatory (it’s not like I can stalk you on Amazon and make sure you do it, right?) it would be very much appreciated. Giveaway is open to US residents with an Amazon account (so she can gift you the book if you win).
a Rafflecopter giveaway