This post is brought to you by Custom Genie Bra. I received complimentary samples in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.
With the holidays coming up, you’re going to need a bra that provides support in those strapless dresses! Last month, I shared my newfound love for the Genie Bra, which is unarguably the most comfortable bra I’ve ever worn. When they offered me a chance to check out the new Custom Genie Bra, my first thought was “yes!” My second thought was “ugh, where were you last year when I scoured the area trying to find an affordable, comfortable bra that I could wear with my bridesmaid dress?” The one I ended up getting was so uncomfortable. Nothing at all like the Custom Genie Bra!
Let me tell you how much this bra rocks. It has 30- yes 30!- different ways that you can wear it. I’ve tried three so far, which means I’m only a 10th of the way through the options. I think. I’m really bad at math. This is THE PERFECT bra for every occasion. Whether you’re wearing a strapless gown to that fancy holiday ball or a heavy sweater out caroling with friends (do people still go caroling?), this is the bra you want.
Features of the Custom Genie Bra
- Super soft, comfy Everlast fabric makes it, by far, the most comfortable bra you can imagine.
- Seamless design, no obvious hook eyes all over the place.
- Comes with both clear and matching color straps.
- The knitted wide support band provides amazing lift without uncomfortable under-wire. I can’t stand under-wire!
- Soft contour cups add a little something extra for those who need a bust boost or those who don’t want to look like they’re smuggling Tic-Tacs (as my ex used to call it). For those of us who do not need a bust boost, they slip out easily.
How to use the Custom Genie Bra
Okay, I’m going to be honest, I was completely lost at first when it came to just how to put the straps on the Custom Genie Bra! I had to look up instructions on Bing. See, the seamless design means you don’t have a ton of little hook-eye things all over the place, which makes the bra more comfortable and pretty. It also means, however, that if you don’t know what to look for, you are not going to find it!
Basically, you start with this:
That alone is pretty comfortable. I’ve never been a fan of strapless bras because I didn’t feel supported, but that wasn’t the case at all with the Custom Genie Bra. Sometimes, though, you want those straps. Here’s how to add them:
- Turn on a bright light. You’re going to need it the first time you look for the little slits in the bra. These slits are along the tip rim, both in the front and back.
- Under the light, look very closely at the top rim. Try sliding the hook along to help you feel for them. I tried to take a picture, but it came out fuzzy. The best I could do was sharpen it up until it looks funky, but at least it gives you an idea:
- Slide the hook into the slit. Then find a slit on the back side of the bra that matches up with where you want your straps to go. This may take a few tries to get it just right. This is your final result if you want the straps over both shoulders:
You can also criss-cross it in the back. I like wearing it that way because it keeps the straps on my rather round shoulders.
Head over to CustomGenieBra.com to see more ways that you can customize this amazingly comfy bra and check out the video that helps explain how to use it a little better than I can. Like Genie Bra on Facebook to keep in the know about all things Genie-related!