This post is brought to you in partnership with Foodie.com and Glam Media. All opinions are my own.
Spring is HERE! It’s really, finally truly here! You know what that means, right? No more crazy snow storms keeping you from family get-togethers! See, I live in the Poconos of Pennsylvania. My brother lives in northern Maryland, one aunt in NJ, one in NY and one out by Harrisburg. Basically, we are ALL in the snow belt. We all got slammed this winter. That made it incredibly difficult to plan family gatherings. With Easter coming soon, that’s finally about to change.
Sunday dinners are a family tradition for many people. Whether it’s once a week, once a month or just on holidays, there is just something special about a Sunday dinner. It’s usually the one day where we aren’t rushed. For me, Saturdays either involve working (to get ahead a bit) or going out with Jacob to do something fun. It’s not really a “cook all day” day. Another great thing about Sunday dinner is that you always have leftovers, which means you have Monday lunch!
Sunday Dinner Essentials: Everything You Need for an Amazing Family Dinner
If you check out my Sunday Dinner collection on Foodie.com, you’ll find everything you need to make this an amazing dinner from start to finish. Examples of what you’ll find include:
- Quinoa Salad recipe, a perfect start to your meal.
- Delicious homemade garlic bread.
- Potato and cheese pierogies made from scratch (pierogies are one of my all-time favorite sides!)
- Mini quiche bites for appetizers.
- Lemon dill hummus, also a great appetizer.
- Tasty beverages like Salted Caramel coffee to go with dessert and fruit-infused water for during the meal.
- Amazing garlic ranch chicken for the main dish. Best part? Only requires 4 ingredients!
- Baked Mac and Cheese for the kids.
- Desserts and other sides that everyone will love!
When I created my collection, I focused on relatively easy recipes that don’t require a culinary school background to make. While I think I’m becoming a better cook than I was when I started Pretty Opinionated, I’m still quite the novice. If a recipe looks to challenging, I run away screaming. So check it out and visit the amazing bloggers who came up with the delicious recipes.
What is your favorite meal to make for a Sunday dinner with family?