I received Downy Wrinkle Releaser to facilitate this review. All opinions and bad laundry habits are my own.
Let me tell you a bit about my laundry routine and tell me if it sounds familiar. Imagine that it’s a Monday morning, because, well, it has to be some day and goodness knows I don’t do laundry on the weekend! But if you do, just change the day in your head, it still works. So remember, Monday morning.
- 8:30am, back from the bus stop: “I’m feeling so productive today, I’m totally going to tackle that mountain of laundry! I’m going to do it all!! Yeah! Let’s get stuff done!” (Except in my head, I don’t say “stuff”)
- 8:40 First load is in! Not sorted, because sorting is for the unadventurous.
- 9:15 Take out the first load and put it in the dryer. Put second load in. Wow, we’re on a roll!!
- 10:45 Back hurts from sitting at computer, I’ll stretch a bit and put away that first load!
- 10:46 Realize I forgot to turn on dryer. Entire hour and a half of laundry time totally down the drain. Motivation waning.
- Tues morning, 8:30: Realize I completely forgot about laundry. Pull out first load and throw it in a basket. Realize I have a deadline looming. Throw basket in room and refresh the load in the washer by running it through rinse cycle again. Vow to put away first load after morning computer routine.
- Tuesday afternoon: Put second load in dryer, forget about first load in basket.
- Tuesday night: realize I need clean pajamas. Dig through basket. What I want is at bottom. Throw clothes back in basket, scrunch them down so they don’t spill over onto the floor.
- Wednesday night: get tired of living out of basket. Put clothes away.
- Monday of next week: realize I still have clothes in the dryer. Follow Tues through Weds routine until they’re put away.
EVERYTHING IS WRINKLED at this point, but I figure I can always deal with that later!
Downy Wrinkle Releaser Plus to the Rescue!
Up until now, I either wore wrinkled clothes or threw the shirt in the dryer with the clothes that were still in there (or on the rare occasion that the dryer was empty, with a damp rag). I don’t know how to iron. Is that horrible? I never really had to. My mom did it for me, then my ex-husband. He was in the Navy and wouldn’t let me touch his uniforms, so I just let him iron everything. Now, I don’t have to try to find someone who knows how to iron or go through life with wrinkled clothes. Downy Wrinkle Releaser Plus is a total dream come true for this laundry slacker!
As the name implies, Downy Wrinkle Releaser Plus releases wrinkles in your laundry. The specially designed nozzles sprays a fine mist, just enough to do the job right. Just spray, smooth and wear. Downy sent me a shirt to try it out on. It came totally wrinkled in the box:
This shirt, by the way, is amazingly soft. I need to find out where they got it. Anyway, I sprayed my Downy Wrinkle Releaser Plus and followed the directions. The results were instant:
Pretty awesome, right? So now you can totally slack on the laundry and leave your clothes in the dryer for a week without worry! But wait, it get’s even better!
What does the Plus mean?
The Plus implies that it has to do something other than just unwrinkle your clothes, right? I mean, that’s good enough for me, but I wanted to know, what does the plus mean? What makes this the Wonder Bottle? Take a look at a few other things you can do with Downy Wrinkle Releaser Plus:
- Get creases out of your pillow cases and sheets.
- Freshen up those horribly stinky pet beds (note to self, do this as soon as the dogs go upstairs to bed tonight, their bed it pretty rank)
- Spray holiday decorations when you take them out of the boxes in your basement to get rid of that dank odor
- Spritz it on your furniture after aforementioned stinky pets (or your stinky kid after a day of playing outside in the heat) sits on it.
- Freshen up gym bags! I don’t go to the gym, but I imagine they get pretty gross.
- Get rid of static cling! I wonder if it works in hair?
There are so many ways to use this Wonder Bottle! That’s why I’m glad I have it in three different sizes! The large bottle sits in my laundry room while the medium is on my dresser. I can stash the travel-size bottles in my car for a fashion emergency on the go. Downy Wrinkle Releaser Plus is sold at places like Walmart, Target, Walgreens and other mass-market retailers. Check out Downy on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest to keep up with news and discover even more uses for the Wonder Bottle.
What is your favorite use for Downy Wrinkle Releaser Plus? Are you a laundry slacker or a laundry go-getter (one of those magical people who actually washes, dries and folds their laundry on the same day)?