I received a complimentary Blueair Sense Air Filter in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.
When you live in the woods in a house with three dogs and three cats, the air gets a bit stuffy. My dogs are constantly tracking in pollen, which of course makes me sneeze my head off. All that sneezes sends my own germs hurtling through the air. It’s a horrible cycle. Air filters are pretty much a necessity for me! My favorite so far is definitely Blueair Sense!
Filter out 99.97% of air pollutants with Blueair Sense
BlueAir Sense isn’t just a stylish air filter, it’s an incredibly efficient one too! Their patented HEPASilent filter technology catches up to six times more dirt than other air filters. It removes every type of particulate air pollutant including allergens, pollen, mold spores, dust, pet dander, bacteria, and viruses. Viruses! Do you know what that means? You know those colds that cycle through your house in the winter? It may actually eat those suckers! I’m not saying no one will ever get sick again, but it does help clean the air without using a ton of chemicals!
How does it work? Honestly, I have no idea, so I had to look it up on the Blueair website. Here is how I understand it:
- Air gets sucked in to the Blueair System through the incredibly quiet fan.
- Nasty particles pass through the ion chamber, where they are electrically charged.
- Those particles then get stuck to the filter, so they’re locked away, unable to circulate back into your air.
I’m sure that’s an over-simplification of the process. I’m not a scientist or engineer. Honestly, my main concern is whether or not it makes my air fresher and cleaner. While I have no way of testing my air, I can say that it FEELS cleaner. I don’t sneeze as often either!
There are a couple of things that I really love about the Blueair Sense.
- It’s so very, very quiet. In fact, unless you have it on the highest setting, you most likely won’t hear it at all. Even on high, it’s not terribly loud.
- Filters are easy to insert and change. When your Blueair Sense arrives, you’ll need to unwrap the filters and pop them in correctly. It took seconds to do this. When it’s time to change your filter (or if you somehow put it in wrong), you’ll see a red light to let you know.
- It’s kind of fun to use! My son is fascinated by the motion sensor that turns on the Blueair Sense. Just wave your hand over the top to turn it on and off. I tried to get a decent picture of this, but I had to use the flash and it showed every finger print that I didn’t even know was there. Check out this video to see it in action:
- It comes in different colors! I love the sleek look of my black unit, but it also comes in white, pink, grey, brown and blue. The pink would be perfect for a girl’s nursery, don’t you think?
At 22 pounds, the Blueair Sense is a bit heavier than I thought it would be, but to me that says it’s also heavy on cleaning power. It’s not, however, heavy on electrical power. It has the EnergyStar approval and uses very little electricity, so you won’t see your bill skyrocket with regular use. Overall, I’m thrilled with my Blueair Sense. I’d highly recommend it to any family with allergies, asthma or pets.
Do you suffer from allergies or asthma? How would Blueair Sense help you in your home?