The other night, I was hungry for something sweet. Since I’m trying to eat healthier- at least occasionally- I decided to mix up a parfait. I had some Quaker Warm & Crunchy Honey Almond granola left over from when I did my For the Love of Play post. As much as I could eat buckets of that stuff on its own (seriously, it’s my new favorite oatmeal!), I thought it would make a great parfait layer too!
Here’s the thing about the picture: it’s not staged, so it’s probably not really all that “Pinterest” worthy. Honestly, I made it, thought “hey, that’s kind of pretty!” Took a picture, tasted it, then decided it would make a good post. I like to make my parfaits in mugs, because I think they layer better that way. It’s insanely easy to make (but it does have a “secret” ingredient!) and versatile too!
Sweet & Crunchy Yogurt Parfait
- Vanilla Yogurt (you can really use any flavor, or Greek if you prefer)
- About four big strawberries (or any other kind of fruit that you prefer)
- 1/2 packet of Quaker Warm & Crunchy Honey Almond granola (I suppose you can use other granola, but this is so hearty and it has almonds! It’s awesome, trust me)
- Squirt of Liquid Agave in the Raw (this is my “secret” ingredient)
- Cut your strawberries into slices
- Add a bit of yogurt to the bottom of your mug
- Toss some strawberries in next
- Add granola
- Add more yogurt, then strawberries, then granola until you reach the top.
- Squirt the Agave over top, letting it seep in. I would say I used about two teaspoons.
That’s it! Enjoy! The Agave adds a nice extra kick of sweetness to it, while the Honey Almond Granola gives it fantastic crunch. This is the perfect snack for getting over that mid-afternoon slump. It’s also great for breakfast. Plus, when you put it in a mug, you can take it on the go.
What fruit would you put in your sweet & crunchy yogurt parfait recipe?