Are you comfortable in your bedroom? I mean REALLY comfortable? Up until I got my Serta, I sure wasn’t! I spent pretty much every night tossing and turning, every morning groggy and sleep-deprived. Today, I want to share a few of my secrets for getting comfortable in my bedroom, plus some fabulous news about an awesome contest from Serta! Seriously, fabulous. As in, you definitely want to know about this one because it involves a potential bedroom makeover and an amazingly comfy new bed! Can you believe that it’s been just about a year since my Serta Perfect Sleeper first entered my life? I know what you’re thinking, “where has the time gone?” Okay, so maybe you don’t spend all that much time thinking about me all comfy in my bed. That’s fine, totally understand. I’d be a little worried if you were. Seriously, though, I can’t believe that my Serta and I have been together for over a year now. It’s still just as warm, comfortable and embracing as that first night together.
5 Tips for Getting Comfortable in Your Bedroom
I’ll be honest, at this point, my Serta is by far the best part of my bedroom. The rest needs a major overhaul. I love my bed, though. Best thing that ever came into my life, aside from my child and family, of course. Every night, I climb up into my Fitzpatrick Super Pillowtop Plush Gel Perfect Sleeper® (I have the Pivot base, which makes the bed awesomely high off the ground, just like I always wanted) and just feel the bliss start to surround me. I’ve had many happy, relaxing and blissful moments with my Serta. Check out a few of my secrets to getting comfortable in my bedroom!
- Ditch the TV! Seriously, get that thing out of your room. I do read on my tablet and let my son hang out on his laptop in my Serta, but once it’s time for lights out, all electronics (aside from my alarm clock) must vacate the premises. They’re too distracting. Besides, all those blinking lights drive me bonkers.
- Surround yourself with things YOU love. Want to know what’s on my wall behind my bed? A giant poster from my favorite movie and a ton of my son’s artwork from over the years. On another wall, you’ll find a cluster of photos from the cruise I took with my little boy. It doesn’t match. The photos aren’t matted or in fancy frames. But I love it. I’m the one that sleeps in there, so that’s all that matters. Do I want an amazing bedroom makeover so it’s a bit more cohesive and stylish? Yes, of course! What girl doesn’t? But I’m also just as happy surrounded by my random decor.
- Get the right mattress! I can’t even tell you what a difference this makes! I’m not talking about just going out and getting any Serta, either. I tested a ton of Serta mattresses before I decided on the right one for me. I always thought I needed a firm mattress, but turns out that, as a side-sleeper, I actually needed a softer touch! So don’t just get a mattress because it sounds good or because your friend’s mom’s aunt said it’s awesome. Try out a few different Serta mattresses, then make your decision.
- Be assertive. Don’t be afraid to tell your partner what you need. No, I’m not talking about THAT (well, that too). Honestly, though, if you need to sleep a particular way to be comfortable, speak up. I am not a snuggler. I like to do the snuggly thing for a few minutes, but when I’m ready to sleep, I need my own space. Also, despite the fact that I just turned 41, I cannot sleep without a teddy bear that my aunt gave me when I was two. He’s not just my security object, he helps me position my arms in a comfortable way.
- Set the mood. Some people have the ability to go from wide-awake to zonked out in seconds flat. Me? I need to set the mood to sleep. I need a little lulling. A peaceful environment, my comfy jammie and utter darkness. Then I tell myself a bedtime story and drift off slowly. Whether you prefer total darkness or a calming nightlight, comfy pajamas or the clothes you were born in, setting the mood for sleep is one of the best ways to make your bedroom more comfortable.
#SertaComfortSutra Selfie Contest
Serta wants everyone to be more comfortable in the bedroom. That’s why they’ve partnered with comedian and The REAL co-host Loni Love to launch ComfortSutra to guide you into the ultimate comfort. We all know that so many factors play a role in getting a good night’s sleep, from bedroom environment to your partner’s sleep habits to your mattress! Loni Love helps kick off the new series, and helps co-create hilarious tips! From cheeky reaction gifs to a Facebook Live Q&A with fans, Loni will be there to help you achieve maximum comfort in the bedroom!
Here’s the part you’ve been waiting for: the contest details! From August 26th through September 6th, snap a selfie with a Serta mattress at any retail location, then share it on social media with your comfort tip and tag with #SertaComfortSutra and #entry. Why? Oh, my friends, this is the fun part. You can win some seriously comforting prizes, with a Grand Prize of a bedroom makeover with a mattress of your choice, plus you’ll be eligible to get a new mattress every 5-7 years, free of charge! Other daily comfort-themed prizes include:
- Serta sheep
- Serta pillows
- Serta blankets
- Serta pet beds
- Serta sheets
What do you do to get more comfortable in your bedroom? Share in the comments!