Winter is coming, my friends! If the Farmer’s Almanac is accurate, it’s going to be a doozy. I don’t know how true those prediction things are, but my area is supposed to get slammed this year! So far, it’s been pretty mild and quiet, but I read that come January, all that is going to change. I try to hibernate when storms hit, but I have to leave the house eventually, right? That means clearing off my car.
I recently partnered with Kungs, a Finnish producer of premium snow brushes and ice scrapers that are tested in the harshest Arctic conditions— to help spread the word on the exciting launch of these new products in the U.S., just in time for winter.
Before I tell you about Kungs, let’s have a little story time, shall we? Gather round, children, and I’ll tell you the tale of how I dug out my buried car with my bare hands. I was a nursing student back in 2007, and my clinicals were at a hospital an hour away. Since I don’t drive on the highway, I used to park at the school (30 minutes away) and carpool with friends. One wintry day, we ended up getting stuck up in Scranton after a massive snow storm.
When I got back to my car the next day, it was surrounded by snow. It looks like the plows really did try to avoid burying me, but I still have a good food of snow on all sides of my car. I also had NO ice-scraper, brush or anything else that common sense dictates I should have kept in my car. I found that out after I sent my friend along, telling her I’d be fine. So there I stood, in a freezing cold parking lot that was getting darker by the moment, kicking the snow with my feet and removing it with my ungloved hands. Since then, I’ve been kind of neurotic about making sure I keep snow removal brushes and ice scrapers in my car.
Kungs is THE tool you need to keep in your car this year!
Made in a country with some of the severest winters on the planet, Kungs products combine Scandinavian design and ergonomics with the innovation, durability, and multi-functionality to handle anything winter throws at drivers.
Some quick facts about what separates Kungs snow brushes and ice scrapers from the alternatives:
- Kungs is the market leader in Northern Europe for winter car care accessories.
- Kungs products are designed, tested, and manufactured in extreme Finnish weather conditions—including testing in sub-zero temperatures and UV radiation!
- All Kungs products come with a three-year warranty (which is unheard of in this category).
- Kungs is environmentally friendly—using up to 17 different recycling methods for all waste generated during production. (This is so surprise, since Finland has been recognized as the greenest country in the world.)
- Kungs products are PVC-free and made of 100% polycarbonate.
- Year after year, Kungs has won awards in third-party tests across Europe (including most recently in Germany).
Many of us complain about winter and wish it would end sooner. But as the folks in Northern Europe know better than any of us, winter is a special season that can be thoroughly enjoyed—if you make the appropriate preparations. With my Kungs snow brushes and ice scrapers—and multiple layers of clothing—I’m ready for whatever winter throws at me! So let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!
Check out all the Kungs products and get one for each of your cars!
How do you survive the winter season? Tell me in the comments below!