Peter Cottontail is once again getting ready to make his way down the bunny trail! It’s time to starting thinking Easter baskets and fillers. I’m kind of broke this year (like, broker than last year and the year before), so I’m really focusing on more DIY ideas. Sure, I’ll still get my son some fun Easter gifts to put in his basket, but I’m not going crazy like I’ve done in the past. Somewhere along the line, Easter became a second Christmas! Considering it’s only a few months past the winter holiday and a few months before Jake’s birthday, the first half of the year was getting super expensive. I told Jake we are reining it in this year. He’s almost 13. He doesn’t need a ton of random little toys and he doesn’t really go crazy eating a ton of candy. We’ll keep up our Easter egg hunt tradition and I’ll hide some money in the eggs, but I’m not spending hundreds of dollars on the holiday anymore.
Whether you’re trying to save money by going to crafty route this year or just want to add a few special touches to your child’s basket, these DIY Easter baskets and tasty fillers are just awesome. Check them out & get ahead on your holiday prep! Just click the links to learn more about each DIY or recipe.
DIY Easter Baskets
This post contains affiliate links. Thanks for your support!
- DIY Easter Baskets & Jelly Bean Bark Recipe | Burlap & Blue
- Polka Dot Treat Cups |Crafts by Amanda
- Easter Bunny Bag| Rock-A-Bye Parents
- Paper Mache Easter Basket| The Country Chic Cottage
- DIY Monogrammed Easter Baskets| Uncommon Designs
- Milk Carton Easter Basket |Condo Blues
- Duck Fabric Easter Basket Creative Green Living
- Easter Pillow Box | Thrifty Jinxy
Don’t have time to DIY a basket or don’t really feel crafty? Check out these pre-made Easter basket ideas, then DIY just the fillers instead!
Tasty Recipes for Easter Basket Fillers
- DIY Chocolate Bunny Filled with Sixlets | Living Sweet Moments
- Healthy Cheddar Bunny Easter Carrots | Creative Green Living
- Easter Bunny Snack Mix | Shaken Together
- Easter Bunny Cupcakes | Amanda’s Cooking
- Chocolate Marshmallow Cupcakes |Simply Southern Mom
- Easter Candy Macadamia Bark |Thrifty Jinxy
- Bunny Paw Cookies |Jenn’s RAQ
- Air Fryer Shortbread Cookies | Recipe This
- Spring-colored Chocolate Covered Oreos |Happy Deal Happy Day
- Butterfinger Cup Brownie Bars |Lydia Outloud
- Cake Batter Truffles |Snappy Gourmet
- Easter Egg Muddy Buddies |Sugar, Spice and Family Life
- Bunny Bark |I Was Born to Cook
How do you celebrate Easter? Are you a “go big” type of parent or do you stick with smaller baskets? Share in the comments!