Looking for easy ways to add a little cheer to your home this spring? Check out these clever & creative egg decorating ideas! With plenty of time between now Easter (in April this year), you’ll have no excuse to step outside the typical box of egg dye!
Every year, I swear I’m going to do something totally clever and creative when it’s time to decorate Easter eggs. Yet every year, I end up grabbing a kit last minute at the supermarket and making solid-colored eggs. This year, I’m really going to try something different!
I swear! No, really this time! We’ve had a rough start to the year and could definitely use a bit of cheer. What’s cheerier than brightly colored Easter eggs? Okay, about a million things, but still, you have to admit, they are fun! Check out a few clever and creative ways to decorate Easter eggs from my favorite bloggers. Now just to decide which to try!
Featured Creative Ways to Decorate Easter Eggs
Affiliate links include below. If you make a purchase through these links, I earn a small commission at no extra charge to you. Thanks for your support!
ModPodge Rocks Blog always has such clever ideas, including these lovely gold confetti dipped Easter Eggs. They’re super simple to make! I think they’re perfect for your elegant brunch table.
Another one from Mod Podge Rocks, these bright paper and ribbon eggs are just beautiful!
Egg decorating is messy, right? Not when you use this easy, no-mess way to make glitter eggs from Creative Green Living! Pretty and no crazy cleanup!
The only thing you need to make these beautiful gold eggs from Homemaking Hacks? A single gold pen! Okay, maybe two, just in case one runs out of ink. LOVE! While you’re there, check out her cool decoupage eggs, made with napkins!
There are lots of ways to decorate eggs using tissue paper, but I think these eggs from Mainly Homemade are my favorites!
How fun are these Avenger Eggs from Food Fun and Family? My son will think these are the coolest of the bunch. Some look a bit challenging, but others would be easy enough for kids to pull off.
These yarn wrapped Easter eggs from Fiber Artsy & Craftsy are so original and pretty. Plus not as messy as dying eggs. You could even do this with plastic eggs and keep them year after year.
Finally, a use for all that Washi tape I bought on clearance! I’ll try making these eggs from Savvy Saving Couple. Looks easy enough, right? Simple yet pretty!
More Egg Decorating Ideas
- DIY Naturally Colored Easter Eggs from Wicked Spatula.
- Dying eggs naturally with spices from Condo Blues.
- Thrifty Diva has a great tutorial on making tissue paper Easter eggs!
- Another fun way to decorate with tissue paper, these DIY Confetti Eggs from Love the Day.
- Check out Artsy Mom for a few fun ideas using stickers, temporary tattoos and other craft supplies.
- Okay, so these twine wrapped eggs by Country Chic Cottage aren’t exactly the edible kind, but they look beautiful in a garden!
- Love these natural herb stenciled eggs from Upstate Ramblings. They’re great for people who aren’t fans of all the pastels of Easter.
- Looking for more great ways to dye eggs naturally? Check out these cool coffee-dyed eggs from Muslin & Merlot.
- You could always just crack those babies open and use them for place cards, like Carolyn of Home Work did.
- These eggs from Yesterday on Tuesday take the basic dyed eggs a fun step forward by adding strips of canvas with cheery words on them.
- Living Frugal with Erika has a super simple way to make Hello Kitty eggs.
Do you have any favorite egg decorating ideas? Share in the comments!