Trick or Treat!! Time to get out those costumes, grab a bag and start the yearly candy-begging ritual. This year, I’m thrilled to introduce you to my very recently discovered new favorite: Legit Organics chocolate bars! Plus, I have a super awesome Halloween candy bar latte recipe for you to try! Legit Organics supplied the tasty treats, but the recipe and opinions are all mine.
Candy Bar Latte Recipe
Let’s start with this delicious (if I do say so myself) candy bar latte recipe, shall we? Now, I have an inexpensive little espresso maker (dreaming of a fancier one…someday!), but I also give you directions on how to make this without one.
Ingredients (per serving)
- 1/3 cup espresso roast coffee
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 full-size candy bar or 1 fun-size candy bar. I used Legit Word. I recommend using one without nuts so it melts down properly.
- Optional: Sweetener (if the candy bar doesn’t make it sweet enough for you), whipped cream, chocolate syrup)
- Make your coffee, either in a coffee pot or your espresso maker
- While it’s brewing, place your candy bar in the bottom of a glass mug and put it in the microwave for about ten seconds.
- Remove, stir, replace in microwave for another 5 seconds, if needed. Continue for a couple of seconds at a time until it is melted.
- If you have an espresso maker, steam your milk in your frothing pitcher. If you don’t have one, just microwave it for about two minutes. Or even better, steam it in a small pot over medium heat on your stove top.
- Pour the steamed milk over your melted candy bar. Pour the espresso over the steamed milk. Stir.
- Top with whipped cream and drizzle with chocolate syrup. Drink up!
Candy Bar Lattes taste better with Legit!
Legit Organics chocolate bars are SOOOO yummy. I tried their Shot Caller and Word candy bars. Shot Caller is rich milk chocolate wrapped around a soft, gooey caramel filling mixed with organic peanuts and light, fluffy nougat. One thing that really stands out in Shot Caller is the peanuts. I’m not sure why, but organic peanuts taste so much nuttier to me. They’re a star, not an afterthought.
Love salted caramel? You’ll adore Word. This smooth bar also features a milk chocolate outside. Inside, you’ll find delicious melt-in-your-mouth caramel and sweet malted nougat. Perfect for a candy bar latte, don’t you think? Legit Organics rocks plain and simple. Seriously freaking awesome. Let’s put it this way, if you hand out Legit Organics at Halloween, the kids won’t egg your house. I promise. I had it kid-tested by multiple munchkins, just to make sure!
Ready to try it for yourself? Head on over to Legit Organics to learn more. Check them out on Twitter. Give them a follow on Facebook, just because they totally deserve it. Also because you’ll find posts like this one on the health benefits of chocolate!
While I have your attention, may I also humbly recommend that you follow my coffee Pinterest board? It has loads of great recipes from other bloggers out there too.
What kind of goodies would you put in YOUR candy bar latte?