Want to know one of my favorite things about summer? Berries! Sure, you can get berries year round in the supermarket, but they’re never quite as plump and juicy as they are during the summer months. Today, I’m sharing a ton of must-try blueberry recipes from my favorite bloggers!
Did you know that July is National Blueberry Month? Okay, so it’s not quite July yet (I mean, we haven’t even hit June), but we’re getting there pretty fast! In honor of Blueberry Month, I found 31 Blueberry Recipes to try. That’s one a day all through July. Plenty of berry goodness! Plus, keep reading after the recipes for some incredible benefits of eating blueberries.
31 Blueberry Recipes to Try
Whether or not blueberries really do all of those things, these recipes make it tasty enough to find out!
- Lemon Blueberry Tarts |Sugar Spun Run
- Dark Chocolate Blueberry Muffins| The Kitchen Is My Playground
- Blueberry Chocolate Breakfast Parfait | This Mama Loves
- Blueberry Lemonade | The View from Great Island
- Blueberry Peach Cheesecake |The TipToe Fairy
- Blueberry Cream Cheese Ice Cream | Bunny’s Warm Oven
- Blueberry Poke Cake | Swanky Recipes
- Blueberry Cheesecake Chips |Mashup Mom
- Blueberry Ice Cream | OurFamilyWorld
- Blueberry Basil Mojito |Atta Girl Says
- Blueberry Lemon Chia Jam | Mildly Meandering
- Blueberry Pie | The Eyes of a Boy
- Whipped Blueberry Butter | Peas and Peonies
- Blueberry Crunch with Goat Cheese Mousse | The FoodOlic
- Healthy Chocolate Blueberry Truffles | Cake Whiz
- Chocolate Blueberry Quinoa Breakfast Bowl | Shaken Together
- Blueberry Mint Frozen Gimlet | Grey is the New Black
- Blueberry Coconut Milk Smoothie | Happy Foods
- Blueberry Buckle | The Life Jolie
- Blueberry Pancake Bites | Cincy Shopper
- Dark Chocolate Covered Blueberries with Almond Dust |The Dinner Mom
- Blueberry Hand Pies | The Farm Girl Grabs
- Healthy Blueberry Lemon Bread | To Simply Inspire
- Blueberry Bread Pudding | You Brew My Tea
- No Bake Blueberry Cheesecakes |Unicorns in the Kitchen
- Blackberry, Blueberry and Greek Yogurt Popsicles | Cupcakes and Crinoline
- Iced Blueberry Donuts | Yesterday on Tuesday
- Blueberry and Grilled Corn Salsa | The Suburban Soapbox
- Lemon Blueberry Cookies | Trial and Eater
- Lemon Blueberry Ice Cream Sandwiches | Donuts, Dresses and Dirt
- Blueberry Passionfruit Margaritas |Family, Food and Travel
Incredible Health Benefits of Blueberries
They’re Loaded with antioxidants
Itty bitty blueberries pack a powerful punch! While a single serving of blueberries isn’t going to fulfill your daily requirement of any vitamin, blueberries are jam packed with antioxidants that help ward off free radicals. You know, the things that make you sick and drag your body down.
I’m not saying eating blueberries is going to keep you from getting a summer cold, but it can’t hurt (unless you’re allergic to them, of course, but I doubt you’d be looking for blueberry recipes if you were).
Blueberries may also help keep your heart healthier by reducing belly fat, according to preliminary results from a study by the University of Michigan Cardiovascular Center. Granted, that study was done on rats, but it’s promising news for us blueberry lovers! The low-salt content combined with the potassium and calcium in blueberries may also help lower your blood pressure.
Improved gut health
A recent study in Molecules concluded that blueberries may improve the amount of healthy bacteria found in your gut after 18 healthy men ate blueberries for 30 days straight. Another 2013 study done on rats supported these findings. When the rats ate low-bush blueberries, the good bacteria increased by almost eight times. Eating blueberries after a meal may also help balance your blood sugar.
They just might make you happier!
Did you know that blueberries just might help ease symptoms of depression? It may have to do with the fact that the balance blood sugar. Both too high and too low blood sugar can cause mood swings. However, early research shows that blueberries may even help ease anxiety related to PTSD, and may even improve your memory.
So many delicious reasons to eat blueberries, the hardest part is deciding which recipe to try first!
Last update on 2020-07-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API