We all have those days where our regular morning beauty routine just isn’t going to happen. You know what I’m talking about, right? The days that the alarm clock somehow forgets to go off (certainly NOT because YOU forgot to set it!), your kids lose their shoes or you just have to be out the door earlier than expected. When days like that happen, primping and preening for an hour just isn’t in the cards.
Here’s a secret: I can go from sleeping to out the door in about twenty minutes, and about half of that time is spent downing coffee! How? Take a look at my tips for speeding up your morning beauty routine to find out.
5 Tips for Getting Out the Door Fast with a Speedy Morning Beauty Routine
- Wash your hair the night before, but don’t skip the morning shower. I actually only wash my hair about three times a week, because it’s really thick and dries out fast if I do it more often. I always wash it either at night or in the late afternoon, that way I can skip the step in the morning. I do, however, jump in the shower and do a quick scrub. It helps me wake up! When I don’t have to wash my hair or shave, I can be in and out of the shower in under three minutes.
- Moisturize! Hop out of the shower and slather on body lotion. AmLactin® Moisturizing Body Lotion is a great option because it contains 12% lactic acid. Basically, it moisturizes and exfoliates at the same time. Moisturizing takes less than a minute but the results last the whole day. I always feel better when my skin isn’t parched and crying out for lotion. AmLactin® is dermatologist-recommended and fragrance-free, so it won’t interfere with your perfume or body spray. I love how it makes my skin feel! My only recommendation: don’t use it right after you shave your legs. Maybe it’s the alpha-hydroxy in it, but it does burn on freshly shaved legs. Other than that, it’s awesome.
- Make yourself smell pretty. I never skip this step. I have like twenty different body sprays because I like to mix it up. It takes seconds to spritz yourself and smelling pretty is such a confidence booster. If you’re not into perfume, though, you can skip this.
- Throw on your makeup. I’ve been wearing makeup since I was 12, so I have the routine down pat. I use concealer for my dark circles, powder or cream foundation to cover other flaws, blush (because I’m a pale person), eye liner, mascara and lip gloss on a daily basis. It takes me under two minutes to apply all of the above. If you’re in a rush, go with the bare minimum. Mascara and lip gloss alone can go a long way to making you look more together.
- Get dressed, down your coffee and get out the door! I do the first four steps all together, then get dressed. That way I’m not running back and forth from the bathroom to the bedroom. I dump my coffee into a to-go cup and head out.
With a little practice, you can get out the door in under twenty minutes and still look good. I’ve actually managed it in under ten on occasion! Want to know more about AmLactin® and how it can help seriously moisturize your skin for all-day relief? Visit them online to find out more! Plus, every week, AmLactin is hosting a giveaway on their Facebook page!
How about some more exciting news? Ready? Comment below for a chance to win $1000! Please comment in the Tapinfluence widget, not the regular commenting section.
People everywhere are talking about AmLactin alpha-hydroxy skin care. And for good reason – it does what it’s supposed to do. No overpromises or puffery. Their formulas with clinically proven alpha-hydroxy acids gently exfoliate and intensely hydrate dry skin to help it return to a healthy, natural state. For long-lasting moisture and serious relief. Get serious care for softer skin.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of AmLactin. The opinions and text are all mine.