Guess what? It’s gift guide season! If you want your product or service considered for inclusion in Pretty Opinionated’s 9th Annual Gift Guide, keep reading for all the details!
Get Featured In The Pretty Opinionated 2019 Holiday Gift Guide
If you have a fantastic product that you think will make a great gift, send an email to email@example.com, preferably with something like “Gift Guide Submission” in the subject line. Before submitting, please skim the guidelines below to make sure your product is a good fit.
HOW DOES IT BENEFIT YOU?
I heavily promote my gift guide throughout the entire season online through all social media networks and offline through word of mouth. Then I promote those promotions! I’ll also send out shares directly from your product’s page. I make sure plenty of eyes are seeing your products.
WHAT TYPES OF PRODUCTS DO WE ACCEPT?
Pretty Opinionated shares a wide range of gift ideas for the whole family, including our furry family members (the cats and dogs, not hairy uncle Joe!). I have one very simple rule: it MUST (must, must, must) be an actual gift idea. As in, something that you would give to someone you really loved. Think about what the gift says. Does it say, “you’re awesome!” or does it say, “Wow, your house is dirty!”?
Vacuum cleaners are the odd exception, since my mother has some sort of weird fascination with them and we can never have too many, apparently.
2019 HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE CATEGORIES
This year, I’m dividing my gift guide up into the following categories:
- Gifts for Her
- Gifts for Him
- Gifts for Little Kids (babies through elementary school)
- Gifts for Older Kids (8-12)
- Gifts for Teens
- Gifts for Pets
- White Elephant, Secret Santa, and Hostess Gifts (all in one section)
If you would like to see an example of how your product will appear, check out last year’s gift guide.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST & WHAT DO I NEED FROM YOU?
Gift guide inclusion is free if you are sending me product. We only accept full-size, non-returnable products. Please understand that this product is my compensation for my time. If you prefer not to send product, I do charge a fee for inclusion.
At my discretion, I may also include your product in a round-up style post throughout the season if it fits into the content I have planned. If you would like a dedicated feature-length post about your product, please contact me to discuss sponsored post rates and the additional information that I’ll need.
If you want, we can also do a giveaway for my readers together. You’ll need to provide a second item (or a gift card) and send it directly to my winner (unless it’s an e-gift card, in which case I can send it to them or you can, totally up to you). Again, if you are sending me product as well, there is no fee. This is a good way to get a dedicated post without paying a sponsored post fee, as I put all giveaways into their own post. 😀 See, look at that, I gave you a loophole!
For all products (whether you are sending me product or not), please send along a hi-res image for the gift guide page. If you have multiple images, please choose one that will look best against a white background. Or heck, send them all and I’ll pick my favorite!
To recap, at minimum I’ll need:
- The product you would like me to include (or pre-arranged payment for inclusion without product)
- An image of said product
- Any discounts that you would like my readers to know about (you can email me throughout the season and I’ll update the discount info as needed)
- The best link to use in the Buy Now button.
WHEN IS ALL OF THIS HAPPENING?
The 2019 Gift Guide will be fully live, featured on my home page and heavily promoted starting November 1st. However, the page itself will go live in October and I will begin early promotion. I will continue accepting submissions through the first week of December for all products and through December 10th for “last-minute” ideas that can be bought in stores (or that have extended shipping deadlines).
MY HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE WISH LIST
Just for fun, here are a few things that are super high on our personal wish list as well as what resonates the most with my readers.
- Tech Gifts: Always a must-have in our house. My son is on a mission to own every piece of tech ever made!
- Subscription Boxes: I have mad love for subscription boxes, not just for myself, but for giving as gifts. Pretty much anything goes here, as long as the box offers enough value to the recipient to cover the cost. Basically, it can’t be a $40 box with $5 worth of dollar store finds in it.
- Gifts for Pets: My pets love getting surprises in the mail. I have high-energy Pharaoh Hound named Freya and 3 cats, including my super photogenic (if I do say so myself), Alex the Fuzz.
- Things That Make Nikki’s Life Easier: Not sure what to call this category, but think to yourself “will this awesome gift make someone’s life easier?” Is it a cool kitchen gadget that makes 75 different types of coffee? A whirly, swirly, magical food chopper? If so, I want to hear about it. I LOVE gadgets and appliances!
Phew, that was a lot of information! If you got to the bottom and forgot my email address, here it is again: firstname.lastname@example.org.