This post brought to you by Sam’s Club. All opinions are 100% mine.
With the big game coming up, not to mention all the holidays and birthdays (I tell you, it seems like at least half the people in my family were born from May to August!), I find myself looking for quick and simple recipes that can feed a crowd. Thanks to Sam's Club, Velveeta Cheese & Rotel, I don't have to look very far!
Sam's Club shares some really great recipes for game night creations, so I headed over there to take a peek. I picked the Famous Queso Dip to try out, since it only has two ingredients. Like I said, I love quick and simple!
Since I never quite know how a recipe is going to turn out (I'm a novice to cooking!), I like to give them a trial run. I grabbed some VELVEETA® and RO*TEL® to mix up a batch of delicious Queso Dip with Nachos for my dinner the other night. It was just one of those days where cheesy goodness comfort food was in order.
Famous Queso Dip & Nachos with a bit of Heat
- 1 lb. (16-oz.) VELVEETA®, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 (10-oz.) can RO*TEL® Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- Hot sauce, if desired
The Sam's Club recipe directions instructed me to put everything in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for five minutes, or until the cheese was melted. I didn't have a good microwave bowl, so here is what I did:
- Place the VELVEETA® in a medium sauce pan over medium heat.
- Let it melt a bit, squishing it with a fork to break it up so it melts faster.
- Once it is half melted, add in the RO*TEL®
- Stir until it is nice and melted.
- If you want, add a bit of hot sauce. I added maybe a tablespoon, just to give it a little kick. Want it really spicy? Add more! Totally up to you!
Once it's melted, pour your Queso into a festive bowl. Add nacho chips on the side and start dipping! I shared my trial run with my family and they declared it a hit! It definitely filled my need for some cheesy comfort food! Nachos really are the perfect game day food. It's like they were born to accompany sport parties!
What delicious cheesy dish would you love to make with VELVEETA® and RO*TEL®?