This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Bahama Breeze. All opinions are 100% mine.
Note, this post is meant for those ages 21 and older. It contains references to alcohol.
Guess what? February 22 is National Margarita Day! I’m celebrating with a yummy recipe and a chance for you to win a $100 Bahama Breeze gift card! Read on for both!
Do you know how cold it was in the Poconos this week with the wind chill factor? Negative 25 degrees. NEGATIVE 25! It was actually warmer in the North Pole this week! I don’t think that’s fair. In fact, I think if it’s going to be that cold, I should at least have the benefit of looking out my window and seeing cute little penguins waddling by. I am SO over this winter. I can’t wait for those lazy summer days of lounging on the beach, reading a good book and sipping a tasty beverage.
Get a taste of Summer at Bahama Breeze
While the warm weather may still be months away, I can at least get a taste of summer at Bahama Breeze! From National Margarita Day through Cinco De Mayo, they’re celebrating everyone’s favorite summer drink: the margarita! #VivaLaRita! Join them on National Margarita Day to celebrate with one of their newest handcrafted recipes, the Bahama Breeze Ultimate Margarita.
In addition to the Ultimate Margarita, Bahama Breeze will feature four more core specialty margaritas during the event. While you can get these delicious margaritas any time, you’ll definitely want to join them on Friday nights. Why? That’s when the magic really happens! Every Friday night during Viva La ‘Rita, Bahama Breeze features live music and giveaways! So come out and join them for the fun! You’ll even see me there one night. Sal and I will be heading out for a fun date night. I’m trying to decide which of those 4 core ‘Ritas I want to try!
Pomegranate-Blueberry Margarita Recipe
Since the weather was SO cold this week, I wanted to really get a taste of summer. I found these super cute margarita cups and flower lei! Then I called my brother, a bartender-turned-lawyer and said “I need a fruity, pretty margarita recipe.” His response was “pomegranate margaritas.” When I was at the store looking at pomegranate juice, I saw a pomegranate-blueberry blend. I thought, “that sounds kind of yummy,” hence the addition. Here’s the recipe for 2 servings, since it was date night!
- 1/3 cup of your favorite tequila.
- 1/3 cup triple sec
- 1/3 cup pomegranate/blueberry juice blend, preferably naturally sweetened
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- Sugar to rim the glass
- Crushed ice (recipe calls for 1/3 cup, but I don’t like to water down the drink, so I used less. It’s up to you)
How to make
- Put the tequila and the triple seq into a drink shaker or just a pitcher.
- Add the ice and the juices.
- If using one of those cool shakers, shake it up baby! Otherwise, stir it really well.
- Using a damp CLEAN sponge or a moist paper towel, moisten the rim of the glass.
- Pour sugar on plate in wide layer, the dip the rim of the glass in the sugar. As you can see, I have not mastered this like Bahama Breeze has. Also, they use salt. I used sugar because it’s more of a sweet drink. I’m sure there is a trick to this, but really, as long as you get sugar on the rim, it’s all good. I just wanted it to be better for the pictures, which is why I’m a little disappointed in my efforts.
- Carefully pour the drink mixture into the cups, avoiding your sugar rim.
Don’t forget, visit Bahama Breeze between February 22 and May 5th for all the Bahama Breeze Viva La Rita fun! I’ll be recapping my visit for you when I get back!
What is your favorite margarita recipe? Do you prefer a fruity or more traditional taste? Tell me in the comments!