When I was living in Japan back in 1999-2001, I emailed my grandmother because I needed an easy Thanksgiving dessert recipe. Every year, she made “Heaven’s Delight,” a simple pineapple marshmallow dessert that everyone in my family absolutely loved. Even me, one of the pickiest eaters in the world! Although, to be honest, I picked around the pineapple bits until I was much older!
I still have the email that she sent in return. I’ll keep that email forever, because while she’s not physically with me on Thanksgiving anymore, I’ll always have the traditions- and the delicious recipes- that she gave us. I’m not allowed to share the apple pie, the holiday “doughball soup” or a few of my grandmother’s other recipes, but I can share her super easy Thanksgiving dessert, her “Heaven’s Delight” recipe! I hope you enjoy it!
Heaven’s Delight Recipe
This recipe makes a large amount, as in a big gallon container! Enough to feed a large crowd! You need to start it the night before you want to serve it so the marshmallows have time to soak everything up.
- 2 large bags miniature marshmallows (MUST be minis, I made the mistake of subbing in large ones once, disaster!)
- 2 large cans of crushed pineapple
- 1 quart half and half
- Make a layer of marshmallows, then a layer of pineapples.
- Keep layering like this until you reach the top.
- Pour the half and half over the top, letting it seep in, then pour any leftover juice from the pineapples.
- Place in the refrigerate. Stir every couple of hours. It’ll be ready the next day!
This is seriously one of the easiest Thanksgiving dessert recipes ever. It’s light and fluffy, too, so it’s not too heavy after a huge meal. If you’re not a fan of half and half or can’t drink dairy products, I imagine you could make it with some sort of alternative! If you do try it, let me know how it turns out. I know they also make vegan marshmallows, so you could make this with natural ingredients should you choose.
For more Thanksgiving and fall recipes and crafts, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Hot Spiced Cranberry Cider by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Coconut Cream Pie Recipe by A Mom’s Take
- Slow Cooker Green Bean Casserole by Mom Does It All
- Pumpkin Lebkuchen Donuts by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
- Turkey Sweet Potato Chili by Home And Garden Cafe
- Peanut Butter Cup Cake by Simply Southern Mom
- Thanksgiving Craft: “Give Thanks” Wooden Blocks by Better in Bulk
- Delicious Chocolate Genoise Recipe by OurFamilyWorld
- Easy Thanksgiving Centerpiece by Upstate Ramblings
- Family Gratitude Journal by Day by Day in Our World
- How to Make Pumpkin Gnocchi by Jennifer Sikora
- Fun Turkey Cupcake Idea by Kids Fun Reviewed
- Fall Harvest Pins DIY Fall Harvest Craft by Blessed Elements
- Hearty Chicken and Vegetable Soup by Sweet Lil You
- Soft Baked White Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies by Savvy Saving Couple
- Mini Fall Leaf Decorated Cookies by How Was Your Day?
- Homemade Apple Muffins by Momma D Jane
What is your favorite Thanksgiving recipe? Tell me in the comments!