If you need a super simple and affordable Thanksgiving dessert recipe that everyone will love, try my grandmother’s Heaven’s Delight! This marshmallow pineapple dessert was always a huge hit during our family holidays. I shared the recipe first, then the background story, so you don’t have to scroll far to find what you need. 😀
Heaven’s Delight Pineapple Marshmallow Recipe
This recipe makes a large amount, as in a big gallon container! Enough to feed a large crowd! You need to start it the night before you want to serve it so the marshmallows have time to soak everything up.
Heads up: this post includes affiliate links. If you buy through them, I get a small fee at no extra charge to you. Thanks a bunch!)
- 2 large bags miniature marshmallows *
- 2 large cans of crushed pineapple
- 1 quart half and half
*MUST be minis, I made the mistake of subbing in large ones once, disaster! We always use Jet-Puffed but you can use whatever you want. FYI, I linked to Jet Puffed on Amazon to show you what I’m talking about. They’re MUCH cheaper in the grocery store, though.
- Make a layer of marshmallows, then a layer of pineapples.
- Keep layering like this until you reach the top.
- Pour the half and half over the top, letting it seep in, then pour any leftover juice from the pineapples.
- Place in the refrigerator. Stir every couple of hours. It’ll be ready the next day!
If you want to serve them in cute wooden bowls like we do, I recommend these from Amazon. They’re not exactly the same as mine, but they’re still pretty nifty!
- OUR NEW COCONUT BOWL GIFT BOX was introduced in October, 2019. NO MORE Plastic, NO MORE Broken Bowls, NO MORE Missing Spoons. Perfect 5 Star Rating Since! Satisfaction Guaranteed or your money back.
- UP-CYCLED & ECO FRIENDLY - Normally discarded as trash, we’re bringing these coconut shells back to life in the form of beautiful, all natural serving bowls. Our Cocobowls are 100% Organic and Vegan. All packaging materials are recyclable.
- INSTAGRAM WORTHINESS UPGRADE - Create beautiful smoothie bowls, buddha bowls, salads, nice cream desserts and more. Want to take your Instagram profile to the next level? Serve your amazing food creations in a Cocobowl.
- NATURAL OR POLISHED - Bowl sets are available in a sleek polished or beautiful natural finish. Our serving sets come complete with our all natural color coordinating ebony wood spoons.
- THE PERFECT HOLIDAY GIFT - Are you looking for Eco Friendly Gifts, Vegan Gifts, or any other Eco Friendly Products that come in a Gift Box ready to wrap? Be sure to impress your loved one with the amazing gift of a Coconut Bowl by Cocobowlco.
When I was living in Japan back in 1999-2001, I emailed my grandmother because I needed an easy Thanksgiving dessert recipe. Every year, she made “Heaven’s Delight,” a simple pineapple marshmallow dessert that everyone in my family absolutely loved. Even me, one of the pickiest eaters in the world! Although, to be honest, I picked around the pineapple bits until I was much older!
I still have the email that she sent in return. I’ll keep that email forever because while she’s not physically with me on Thanksgiving anymore, I’ll always have the traditions- and the delicious recipes- that she gave us. I’m not allowed to share the apple pie, the holiday “doughball soup” or a few of my grandmother’s other recipes, but I can share her super easy Thanksgiving dessert, her “Heaven’s Delight” recipe! I hope you enjoy it!
This is seriously one of the easiest Thanksgiving dessert recipes ever. It’s light and fluffy, too, so it’s not too heavy after a huge meal. If you’re not a fan of half and half or can’t drink dairy products, I imagine you could make it with some sort of alternative! If you do try it, let me know how it turns out. I know they also make vegan marshmallows, so you could make this with natural ingredients should you choose.
What is your favorite Thanksgiving recipe? Tell me in the comments!
Last update on 2022-06-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API