Guys, I don’t write a lot of deal posts, but you’re definitely going to want to hear about this one! AppSumo (which I love so much that I became an affiliate) has an awesome deal on Stencil. For just $49, you’ll get a LIFETIME unlimited membership. That membership usually costs $18 a month! Basically, if you just use it for 3 months, you’ve already saved money! Read on to find out why you WANT to take advantage of this deal, especially if you’re a blogger!
This post contains affiliate links. Thanks for your support!
I’m going to be honest, I never heard of Stencil until I saw it pop up on my AppSumo deals calendar. I already pay for PicMonkey, PhotoShop and probably at least one other photo editing program, so why on earth would I need another? Besides, I’ve tried all the “editors du jour” that promise to let me create awesome graphics in just a few clicks. Half of them were too limited and the other half too hard to figure out. Three clicks my behind! Still, I have a major thing for graphics programs (even though I’m far from a graphics designer), so I gave it a peek. A few minutes with the free plan and the list of features that I get with a paid plan were enough to make me shell out the $49 for a lifetime membership.
What do you get with the Lifetime Membership Deal?
- Create unlimited graphics. While the “pro” plan only lets you make 50 images a month, the Unlimited Plan (the one you’re getting) lets you make…wait for it…UNLIMITED pictures a month. Makes sense, right? Just wanted to include that in case there was any doubt!
- Over 1 million background photos that you can access right from within the platform. You know what that means, don’t you? No more searching for the perfect picture on your favorite stock site, downloading it, cropping it, and uploading it to your editing program. You just shaved at least a few minutes (if not more if you’re picky like me) off your project!
- 540+ ready-to-be-edited templates in every size, shape and style that you can think of. I don’t really use templates a lot, but sometimes you just want to throw something together fast and they do come in handy.
- 34+ custom image sizes for every social media site, blog graphics and anything else you can think of. Don’t see the size you want? Make your own custom size AND name and save it. A lot of my graphics are around 720×1380, so I created that size and saved it. Stencil even has the perfect image sizes loaded in for all the ads and headers you need.
- 100,000+ searchable quotes that, like background images, you can grab and add right there in the dashboard! As someone who does a lot of quotes posts, do you have any idea how much time this will save me? Okay, so I’ll probably still head over to GoodReads for the more obscure quotes that I like, but this is definitely a great start to finding them!
- 200,000+ Royalty-free icons and graphics from The Noun Project that you can use for both personal and commercial creations. The database is searchable and you can change the colors on the icon. Just to one color, though, which I think is pretty standard. I don’t really use a lot of icons, so I can’t tell you much more about this feature.
- TONS of fonts! If you’re a little font-crazy like me, you’ll be happy to know that Stencil lets you access 1950+ Google fonts. Can’t find something you love or are already using a specific font for your brand? Just upload it! You can add a background to the text or add a drop shadow if you want.
- Upload, store and add your watermark to pictures, if that’s your thing. I’m not a watermarker. I think they distract from the picture too much. Still, it’s nice to have the option! You can also upload your logo to add to graphics.
- Store unlimited favorites. If you plan to use a certain backgrounds, icons, and so on over and over, you can store them in your favorites so they’re waiting for your project.
- 100 Instagram SMS per month: Send up to 100 images right to your phone so you can easily post them to Instagram.
I’m sure I’ve missed something, but that’s about the gist of it. I love Stencil because, for me, it eliminates part of the need to search stock sites or find quotes. I also like the upload your own font feature because you can pick just the fonts you love. I went a little font crazy a year ago and have a ton that I hate now, but I can’t delete because my computer tells me they’re in use. Where? I have no idea. Upload your favorites, delete them when you get bored of them!
Would I use Stencil to replace my other favorite graphic design programs? Yes and no. For some things, definitely. But there are features in my other favorites that aren’t in Stencil, and I’m just too used to having those options. Still, I’ll use it for a ton of other things! I definitely recommend it! Seriously, at $49 for the rest of your life, you really can’t go wrong.