This easy Christmas craft is sponsored by Kwik Stix. All opinions are my own.
When it comes to crafting, I’m kind of like a toddler in two ways. First (and probably most obvious), my skills aren’t exactly what one would call upper-level crafting talent. Even my abstract paintings come out a little, well, less abstract and more “my two year old drew this.” Who knew you needed so much talent to make pretty scribbles? Second, I’m as messy as your average toddler. This isn’t just true with crafts. I’m the only adult on the planet who can manage to get spaghetti in her hair…when I’m not even eating spaghetti. Still, I do love a little relaxing craft time every now and then. While I can’t do much about my skill level- I think when it comes to talent, you’ve either got it or you don’t- I can take care of the messiness with Kwik Stix from The Pencil Grip!
Check out this super simple Christmas craft your kids can make with Kwik Stix and other inexpensive supplies (I made it, so trust me, your kids can totally rock it).
Shimmering Christmas Bucket Craft for Your Mantle
- Thin Stix Creativity Pack with 24 colors
- Little white metal buckets (get them at craft supplies stores)
- Red, green, and gold glittery ornaments (check your dollar store)
- Battery operated tea lights
How to make it:
- Choose your color scheme. I did green and red polka dots. You can also do Silver and Gold, Red and Gold, etc and so on. The Thin Stix 24 pack comes with 12 Assorted, 6 Neon and, 6 Metalix colors so you have plenty to choose from. I used the regular red and the green Metalix.
- Let your kids paint the polka dots on the buckets. They don’t have to be perfect circles. The point is to let them have fun.
- Let dry (takes like 90 seconds, I kid you not), then add a few of the not-so-glittery ornaments to the bottom of the bucket. Add your tea light (don’t forget to turn it on), then pile a few glittery ornaments on top so the light sparkles through them.
- Voila! Set it on your mantle surrounded by inexpensive green garland, or make a bunch and use them as cute little place setting markers. You could get super creative and add a little tag with your guests’ name on them. For that, I recommend the Magic Stix markers.
You could also fill the buckets with little peppermint candies and use them as favors for your holiday party.
Crafting made mess-free with Kwik Stix
Kwik Stix are tempera paint pens that take all the joy of painting and put it into a mess-free, easy-to-hold marker-like pen. In the past, when Jake and I wanted to paint something, it was a huge to-do. Between clearing off a spot on the cluttered dining room table, digging out newspaper or a garbage bag to put down, and finding the little plastic cups for the water, by the time I got everything set up one (or both) of us was just so over the desire to craft. With Kwik Stix, you just need to grab paper (or just about any other crafting surface) and you’re ready to go! No water needed, no mess, no fuss.
All Kwik Stix tempera paint pens are non-toxic, which is super important in our household not just for us, but also because I have cats and dogs that like to get into just about everything. They’re also egg, nut, and gluten-free, making them perfect for kids with severe allergies. Since you never need water, you can take Kwik Stix with you on the go. Stash a few in your purse so your kids can get creative on the back of a placemat while waiting for dinner, or on a long road trip to keep kids busy in the hotel. You can use them on paper, wood, cardboard, and so much more. Even on the little metal buckets, the color stays put unless I WANT to remove it. Then it’s a cinch because Kwik Stix are washable.
The Thin Stix Creativity pack makes a fabulous stocking stuffer for kids of all ages! Kwik Stix are available in store at Michaels and Walgreens, and online at Amazon.com. Right now, the 24 pack of Thin Stix is available at BJ’s Wholesale for the discounted price of $19.99 for a limited time only! It is normally sold for $24.99.
What would you create with your Kwik Stix? Share below!