Years ago, when mp3 players were first gaining in popularity and I was too broke to afford a fancy-shmancy one, I stumbled across a deal on a Sansa player online. I paid like $40 for it, I think, and I loved that thing. In fact, all these years later, I still love it, even though it’s seen better days (I somehow broke the little wheel selector thing off of the front). But it was time to upgrade a bit because my little mpP3 player wasn’t all that practical for workout time (which I’m trying to increase these days), so when the Mom Central SanDisk Sansa Clip Zip blog tour email came out, I applied right away and crossed my fingers. I got accepted, yay! Now I’m the proud owner of a brand new cherry-red Sansa Clip Zip 4GB player, which retails for $49.99 on SanDisk’s site. I love it as much as I did my old one (maybe more, but don’t tell my beloved ancient mp3 player that, he served me well for so many years and I don’t want to hurt his feelings). Why do I love it? Well, I’m glad you asked, because I’m going to tell you in a handy, dandy list format!
Why I Adore the Sansa Clip Zip
- It’s a piece of cake to load with music. Just plug into your USB port and drag songs into the music folder. That’s it. No confusing proprietary software. It took me longer to pick the songs that I wanted on it than it did to load it up.
- It’s very lightweight and itty-bitty, but no so tiny that you can’t see what you’re doing on the screen. (It has a 1x1inch display).
- The little clip on the back allows me to attach it to my clothes, and it actually stays put. Now, mind you, I’m not running marathons or anything, but I can see how this is going to come in very handy when I’m shoveling snow this winter. Nothing makes a grueling task like that go faster than a little Social Distortion or Dropkick Murphys.
- It sounds great, and I’d say that’s pretty darn import for a music player!
- In a pinch, it works as a thumb-drive (or, for old-school people, a blank CD). I needed to get pictures from my computer to my mom’s quickly and every single flash drive I own was missing. I created a new folder on the Sansa Clip Zip for pictures and threw them on there. Worked perfectly.
- The 4GB player holds like 1,000 mp3s, plus it has an expansion slot of a microSHHC slot, so you can add more memory if you need to.
- The battery lasts a long time on a single charge. I didn’t do the battery tests, so I can’t tell you exactly how long, but I’ve only charged it once so far. It charged quickly too.
I am pretty much a SanDisk loyalist at this point. They offer great prices on luxuries that I otherwise wouldn’t be able to afford, and they last a long time even in the hands of a klutz like me.
Enter to Win a SanDisk Sansa Clip Zip
I have a coupon code for 100% off plus free shipping to give away to one reader. The coupon is good at the SanDisk Online Store and expires on November 25th, so we’re going to make this a relatively short giveaway. The winner will be able to choose which color he or she wants. To enter, just follow the directions on the Rafflecopter form. Giveaway is open to US Residents age 18+ and ends on Nov. 12th at 11:59PM.
I also have 4 20% off coupons (which brings the price down to about $40), which does not include free shipping. If you would like one of those, let me know in a comment below and I will randomly pick four people to receive them.
I wrote this review while participating in a campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of SanDisk and received a product sample to facilitate my review, and coupons to giveaway.
Thanks for the great contest!