As you all know by now, I’m trying to lose weight and get “bridesmaid-dress hot” by September. I’ve made a lot of healthy changes in my diet and activity level, and I’m doing pretty good I think! In order to monitor my progress, I needed an accurate scale that would tell me “hey, you’re totally rocking this weight-loss thing” or “tsk, tsk, tsk, you’re going to need to try a little harder there chickie!” The EatSmart Precision Digital Bathroom Scale doesn’t actually speak to me , but it does allow me to track my own progress, then speak to myself in enthusiastic or condescending ways.
Now, I know you’re only supposed to weigh yourself like once a week when you’re dieting, but like everything else I do in life, I tend to diet a bit obsessively. I probably weigh myself once a day. Maybe more, if I think the scale was lying for some reason. Hey, it could happen, even with one that is a precise as the EatSmart scale!
The EatSmart Precision Digital Bathroom Scale really does live up to its name. I’ve had it for about a month already, and it’s been pretty accurate so far. I had to go to the doctor’s office when I was sick, and their scale told me pretty much the same thing the EatSmart scale did, with just a few ounces discrepancy. Of course, not all scales are calibrated exactly the same, so that’s to be expected.
Features of the EatSmart Precision Digital Scale
- EatSmart “Step-On” technology – You don’t have to tap the scale anymore to wake it up. Just hop on, get your reading, and hop off.
- Large 3.5″ LCD display w/ cool blue backlight – It’s bright enough to see in the dark, or from across the room. While this is a great feature, it also means that you may want to confine the scale the the bathroom and use it when the door is closed if you don’t want anyone else to see those numbers.
- 4 high precision sensors – Provides accurate measurement up to 400 lbs and in increments of .2 lbs.
- Sturdy glass top that even a six-year-old can’t manage to break in the first day. Jake has been on and off it constantly and it’s held up without a single scratch.
- Auto Calibrated; Auto Power-Off; Runs on 4 AAA batteries (included); 100% EatSmart Satisfaction Guarantee. I’ve only been using it for a month, but so far the included batteries are still going strong.
The accuracy and ease-of-use of the scale itself is definitely the highlight, but I also really like how good the scale looks in my bathroom. It’s sleek, unobtrusive, and relatively pretty for a scale. The rounded edges ensure that I don’t horribly stub my toe in the middle of the night, and glass-on-metal design is much nicer the standard, bulky scale I was using before. Now if I could just get it to say “hey, look at that, you’ve reached your goal!” all would be good. Alas, that is something I’ll have to do on my own if I want to get where I want to be by September.
Check out EatSmart’s social media links for more information on their products. During January, they will be donating $0..50 to City Harvest for every “like” on their Facebook page.