Some people find doing laundry fun. They love the whole process of washing, drying, and folding clothes, and putting them away in their neat little drawers. They find it oddly soothing, relaxing, or whatever. I am not one of those people. Not in the least. I wait until the laundry is overwhelming, wash just enough to get by, and continually stuff the rest in a giant hamper. Once every other month, when I’ve had an enormous amount of caffeine and am suffering from writer’s block, I decide that tackling the mountain would be a great way to procrastinate. Usually, I forget to put the last load in the dryer for about three days, and have to rewash it. This is how I do laundry. Always has been, always will be.
My method of doing laundry typically means I spend more on detergent. If you consider that I’m rewashing at least one or two loads a month because of my forgetfulness (and, let’s face it, sheer laziness), I’m basically wasting 12-24 “servings” of detergent a year. Probably more, since I usually end up using more than I actually need. Enter the Robby Wash Ball. This cute little guy not only makes the washing part of laundry easier, it also saves you money in the long run. All you have to do is toss the ball in with your wash and it gets the clothes clean. No filling caps to a practically invisible fill-line, no spilling detergent all over the place because you’re in a rush to get out of the dreaded laundry room, no waste, no fuss. Just toss and go. Cool, right?
Benefits of the Robby Wash Ball
- It’s hypoallergenic, so it most likely won’t make you break out in a horrific rash! Yay for no rashes! Seriously, many people are allergic to different types of laundry detergent, and having a hypoallergenic option is really great.
- It works in front-loaders, top-loaders, and high-efficiency machines.
- Each ball comes with three refills. All together, one ball package will theoretically last you one year. Of course, if you’re doing 20 loads of laundry a week, it probably won’t last as long. But in any case, you’ll be saving money.
- Comes with a free stain stick for those really tough stains.
- It’s good for the environment! Aside from the fact that one ball prevents you from dumping 75 pounds of detergent down the drain, it also cuts down on the amount of packaging you’ll be tossing.
I used the Robby Wash Ball a few times last week, on both Jacob’s clothing and my own. Jake is rough on clothes. He’s a messy kid. Honestly, I’m rough on them too. Especially if there is any white part on my shirt. For some reason, white signals my brain to make me eat like a toddler. So far, I’m really happy with the Robby Wash Ball’s performance. The clothes come out clean and fresh. Those of you who prefer a strong scent to your washed clothes will have to adjust, though, because the clothing comes out only lightly scented (if at all). They smell clean, but not flowery so. I’m fine with that though, clean is more important than pretty-smelling.
Enter to win a Robby Wash Ball of your very own by filling out the applicable information on the Rafflecopter form. Giveaway ends 1/30/12 at 11:59PM and is open to US residents age 18+. Winner will be contacted by email and has 48 hours to respond.
a Rafflecopter giveaway