Ready for a peek at my travel bucket list? Everyone has one, right? I’ve had major wanderlust lately, yet no money to satisfy the urge to get away, so I spend a lot of time planning pretend vacations in my head. Hey, if I win the lottery, at least I’m ahead of the game, right? I’ll have at least a dozen potential destinations already researched and mapped out. I want to see so many places, so it was hard to narrow it down to just ten, but I thought “500 places I want to see” would be a little overwhelming! These are in no particular order. If you currently live, have lived, or have visited any of these places, I’d love to hear about it!
My Travel Bucket list: Places to See Before I Kick It
1. Australia This is definitely high up on my list, as it just looks like an amazing place to visit. They have the coolest animals there. I have friends who live in that part of the world, and apparently, kangaroos are considered a bit of a nuisance, kind of like the white-tailed deer is in my area. Still, I’ve never seen one outside a zoo, so I think I’d find them amusing!
2. Ireland- My dad was mostly Irish (and a little English, but he didn’t like to admit that), so I’ve always dreamed of heading to the Emerald Isle. Plus I love all the mythology and folklore surrounding the island. If I had to choose one of these places to live, I’d definitely pick Ireland!
3. Machu Picchu, in Peru I find ancient civilizations fascinating, and Machu Picchu is definitely one of the coolest things the Incas built. My little brother went to Peru, and I asked him just to stick the whole thing in his backpack and bring it home for me. Sadly, it didn’t fit in his backpack. Also, I think the Peruvians would be a little mad if I stole their national treasure.
4. Romania- I’m not sure why I’ve always wanted to visit here, but it’s been on my list since I was a teenager. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that I read Dracula a million times as a teen. Hey, I was a goth girl long before Emo became a thing!
5. The Grand Canyon I think everyone should see this giant crater at least once in their lives.
6. The Galapagos Islands They have giant turtles and dragons! Enough said.
7. Venice, Italy– I would love to see many parts of Italy, actually, but Venice has always seemed like a really cool place to visit. I’m not sure I could handle the gondolas, though, as small boats make me really nervous!
8. Greece I’ve always loved Greek mythology and would be thrilled to see where it all started. Greece looks stunning in pictures, so it would be cool to see if it’s that amazing in real life.
9. Amsterdam Not for the reasons that most people want to visit, either. It just looks so beautiful! Honestly!
10. Hawaii– Blue water, rumbling volcanoes, and Alex O’Loughlin running around shirtless? I’m so there!
What place would you love to see before the end of your days?