Jacob is on a science kick lately, which is pretty cool since I was never any good at that subject. I think he’s already more well-rounded in education than I am! The GeoSafari Jr. Talking Bug Net from Educational Insights is perfect for budding scientists and entomologists.
Bugs creep me out, but for some reason, little boys love them. I suppose, in a way, they are kind of fascinating. I mean, they have these short little lifespans, and they spend most of that time flying around. While their world may be limited to, say, a single development, to them that’s got to be bigger than the Earth is to us. Going off that, they technically see more of their world than most of us see of ours in our significantly longer lives. You kind of have to admire that.
GeoSafari Jr. Talking Bug Net Features
- Includes 6 bugs and interactive Bug Net.
- The bugs are really sturdy, and great for standalone play.
- Speaks dozens of bug facts, phrases, games, and instructions
- Fact mode relays 100 different facts about the bugs
- Quiz mode asks questions based on the facts to test your kid’s knowledge.
- Requires 3 AAA Batteries, not included.
- The net has two volume levels, and neither are overly loud.
- Safe for ages 3 and up
The Talking Bug Net is really fun to use, especially for younger children. It’s designed for Pre-K kids, but Jacob still had fun listening to the facts and taking the quizzes. GeoSafari is awesome because their products can really stretch across different age groups with a little creativity and imagination. The bugs themselves are really kind of pretty, with vibrant colors. I love how thick they are too, they’re definitely not flimsy pieces that will fall apart in a week!
Check out this video for more info on the GeoSafari Jr. Talking Bug Net: