I think we all know that flowers are one of the most popular Valentine’s Day gifts for women, and with good reason. Just about everyone (except for those allergic to flowers, of course) loves getting flowers once in a while. I especially love them in the middle of winter, when everything outside looks so cold, grey, and dead. Flowers are such a great way to bring a little life into a room!
Sending the right flowers for Valentine’s Day doesn’t require a degree in rocket science, but it does require a bit of thought and care. Of course, you can walk into a flower shop, point at a random pretty arrangement, say “I’ll take those” and be done with it; or you can take the time to really think about the person you are sending to and pick out an arrangement that will make them swoon when it arrives.
How to Send the Right Flowers for Valentine’s Day
1. Know your budget. Floral arrangements can range from a small bouquet for under $20 to elaborate arrangements that can cost well over $100 or more. Before you start browsing, set a limit and stick to it. Stay away from the arrangements that are outside your price range. If you’re browsing online, sort the selection by price and don’t go any further than the highest end of your budget.
2. Pay attention to cues from your recipient. If you want to really get the inside scoop, flat-out ask her what her favorite flower is. Of course, there are other ways to find out. I have two favorites: the romantic rose and the practical daisy. The rose is meaningful to me more than because it’s a pretty flower. Every year, my grandfather would shower my grandmother with roses for her birthday. She also grew these amazing rose bushes that bloomed like crazy on her deck. I love Daisies because, to me, they’re an understated flower. Simple, yet pretty. Why did I tell you all that, rather than just say “I like roses and daisies!”? Because it illustrates that by paying attention to the stories she shares with you about her family traditions and her own reasons for liking certain things, you can choose flowers that are more meaningful to her.
3. Make it about more than just flowers. Flowers are beautiful, and they are definitely appreciated, but unfortunately, they eventually die. One of the things I love about the Teleflora Heartstrings Arrangement that I received for review is the fact that it not only comes in a gorgeous reusable vase, but it also has a 1 carat Swarovski Elements crystal heart necklace dangling from the vase. Basically, it’s like receiving flowers and jewelry together! The Heartstrings Arrangement starts at $69.95 and includes red roses, white Asiatic lilies, red miniature carnations and pink waxflower mixed into a little greenery to balance the overall look.
4. Go with a well-name source in the industry. When you’re sending flowers, especially to a recipient far away, it can be difficult to know which florist is the most reputable source. Teleflora takes the guess-work out because they only work with the best florists in each area. Your order goes to one of the local florists that they work with, and it’s delivered by hand to ensure that the arrangements is fresh and beautiful. Plus, you’ll be supporting smaller florists that make a large portion of their income during the major flower-giving holidays.
5. When in doubt, stick with the classics. If you’re really stuck and can’t decide the right flowers for Valentine’s Day, go with the classics. Roses, lilies, and carnations are all pretty popular choices for a reason: so many people love them. Roses and carnations in particular come in a variety of colors, so you can personalize your choice a bit even when you stick with the classics.
I hope this helps you choose the right flowers for Valentine’s Day and make someone very happy! Of course, there is no rule that states you have to send flowers to someone else. You could always send yourself a beautiful bouquet. Everyone deserves flowers once in a while. Thank you to Teleflora for picking out such a gorgeous arrangement for me. I told them to surprise me, and they certainly did!
Connect with Teleflora on Facebook, Twitter, and of course, Pinterest to see more of their gorgeous arrangements or keep up with news and special deals.
That is so pretty!!! It would make a great gift!!
There is just something about recieving flowers..the way it makes you feel is indescribable..thanks for the tips!
Thanks designed for sharing such a good opinion, paragraph is pleasant, thats why i have read it completely
This is some amazing advice! I love that flowers are still so popular for Valentine’s day. Thanks for sharing!