Okay, so I’ve been losing steam and skipping a few days of the 31 Day Blog Challenge. If you know me well, you knew that was bound to happen at some point. I’m trying to keep up, but it’s been an overwhelming month! I was going to skip today, but I kind of think it’s a cool prompt because Tiffany (of Fabulous Finds by Tiffany) is basically asking us to talk about our good qualities with the prompt: List 10 thing that make you awesome. Since I spend a lot of time getting a bit down on myself, I thought this would be a good therapeutic exercise.
10 things that make me awesome
- My son. I think I’m a pretty good mom. My son makes me awesome because he’s awesome. We have a lot of fun together, whether we’re being silly on a cruise ship (like in the picture below) or hanging out in his bed playing Jetpack Joyride.
- I am a loyal friend. I don’t have many close friends, but the ones I do have, I am fiercely loyal to. If they need me, I’m there. No questions asked. Even if it’s the middle of the night and they need help burying a body. Not that that’s ever happened, I swear!
- I like helping others. I genuinely enjoy helping others, whether it’s with something simple like finding a web page that answers a question, or something a little more involved, like burying that aforementioned body (you guys know I’m kidding about the body, right?).
- I love animals. My dogs and cats are like my furry children, and I am kind to all animals. Below are two of my dogs, Cooper and Maia. Note that they’re looking oh-so-lovingly at the treats in my hand that I had to use to get them to sit still, rather than at me. Maia’s ears are all crazy because she had just finished barking at me to get on with the treat-giving, and her ears go up when she barks.
- I can control my dreams! Well, about half of them anyway. I’m a lucid dreamer. I always have been, since I was little. In about half of my dreams (that I recall), I am vaguely conscious and can manipulate events to make them more interesting, or to escape something scary.
- I rock at Trivial Pursuit. While I couldn’t tell you where I put my car keys, and I had to actually crack into my own safe because I lost the combo, my mind is a sponge for random knowledge. I was the reigning Trivial Pursuit champion in my family until my brother recently finally beat me. I’ll let you decide if I pulled a Ken Jennings on that one. Hey, there’s a lot of pressure when you’re Queen!
- I’m not an assassin. Hey, that should count!
- I’m polite. I think being polite and using good manners makes the world a better place. Sure, sometimes I get cranky and I’m not as nice as I usually am, but generally, I think I’m a pretty well-mannered person.
- My sense of humor. I think I have a pretty good sense of humor, and I try to laugh off the little annoyances in life. I used to cry over everything, but it was kind of driving me round the bend, so now I choose to laugh instead. Like when my dog gets into the garbage and spills it across the entire kitchen. I can be mad at Cooper, who has his own issues from spending 6 months in a tiny cage before we adopted him, or I can laugh it off as “well, this is a great way to start my day!” and clean it up.
- I’m me, no matter what. I don’t believe in altering my personality to fit some type of societal version of “normal.” What you see here is what you get in real life. I’m just me.
Your turn now! Tell me, what makes you awesome? We are all awesome in some way!