I’ve never really sat and thought about my “bucket list,” mostly because I’d rather not think about dying. The whole idea of being dead freaks me out. It gets me thinking about being embalmed and buried or cremated, which makes me worry that somehow I’ll be able to feel it because we really don’t know what happens when we’re dead! I don’t want to be embalmed. I want to go to a body farm. They can toss me in the woods and let nature take its course…if I’m really dead. If, somehow, I come back to life, I can get up and walk away.
This is much less expensive than my original wish, which was to be place- unembalmed- into a tomb with a key around my neck so I can escape if I wake up. Hey, I never claimed to be normal! Since today’ s 31 Day Blog Challenge challenge is to come up with 10 things on my bucket or life list, though, I figured I’d try to comply and give it some thought.
10 things I’d like to do before I no longer exist on this plane (sounds nicer than “before I drop dead”)
1. Travel more. I don’t have a particular destination in mind because there are so many places I want to see. I’ve already lived in Japan, and I’ve traveled to a lot of places in the US, but there are still so many on the list. I’d be happy to go to any of them. If forced to choose one place to visit today, I’d pick either Ireland or Greece.
2. Finish writing a novel. I’ve started so many, but have yet to find that one idea that really screams “finish writing me!”
3. Go to a big blogger’s conference. This sounds pretty mundane, but given the fact that I’m shy and petrified of being in a room full of people I don’t know, this would be a major accomplishment for me.
4. Have a house with a library. It doesn’t need to be a huge mansion with a massive library, but I’d love to have just one room of wall-to-wall books with a comfy chair to snuggle up in.
5. Get up the courage to ride a roller coaster. I was born feet first. I don’t think I’m meant to go upside-down!
6. Get up the courage to drive on the highway.
7. Attend a masquerade ball. They just look cool!
8. Get up the courage to get a tattoo. Boyfriend has a ton of them (his most recent is my favorite, because it covered up the name of his ex!). I like the idea of a tattoo and have one in mind, but the idea of sitting in a chair while someone who isn’t a surgeon pokes me a zillion times with a needle while I’m not under anesthesia just freaks me out.
9. Visit the Harry Potter attraction at Universal Studios.
10. Become an international super spy! Not really. I just couldn’t think of a 10th thing!
What do you want do to before you end up on the spirit plane?