This post brought to you by Southwest Airlines Vacations. All opinions are 100% mine.
I have always wanted to go to Las Vegas. I’m not a huge gambler, aside from the occasional night out playing penny slots, but the city itself just has such a fascinating appeal! I mean, it’s Vegas! Home of Elvis wedding chapels, extravagant magic shows, and hundreds (if not thousands) of other cool attractions. I was doing a little pretend vacation planning (one of my favorite past times) and I was so surprised to see how many cool free things there are to do in Vegas. For example, you can:
- Visit the Wildlife Habitat at the Flamingo and check out the iconic birds along with dozens of other winged creatures and fish.
- Take your picture with the famous “Welcome to Vegas” sign. Get it printed up and make your own awesome Vegas postcards!
- Watch a simulated volcano erupt at the Mirage! I wanted to be a volcanologist once upon a time, and this is probably the closest I’ll ever get to the real thing!
- Visit the Marjorie Barrick Museum. This museum used to showcase natural history exhibits, but now shows off both Pre-Columbian pieces as well as art rescued from the former Las Vegas Art Museum.
- Visit the CBS Television City Research Center and check out some of the newest pilots. Your votes could even help decide which shows make it to television!
- Watch the Fall of Atlantis at Caesars. This free show is filled with bold displays of pyrotechnics, mythological beasts, and thundering sound effects.
There are many more free things to do in Vegas, so you can see the best of what the city has to offer without going “all-in.” That’s the only poker term I know!
Getting to Vegas on a Budget
Getting to Vegas doesn’t have to break the bank either. With Southwest Airlines Las Vegas Vacations, you can save a bundle on your flight if you book by 5/27! You can save up to $100 when you book flight + hotel to Las Vegas with Southwest Airlines Vacations and use the promotion code VEGAS
How much can you save?
-save $50 on Package price of $500-$1,000
-save $75 on Package price of $1,000-$2,000
-save $100 on Package price of $2,000+
Plus, your bags fly free! That alone can save up up to $120! So check it out and plan a little grown-up getaway! What would you love to see in Vegas? Would you go for the shows? The amazing food? The fashion? Or, of course, the gambling?
I have never been to Vegas. It looks like something I would like to do when the kids are grown up.
I LOVE Vegas! I’ve been more times than I can count and I’ve loved it every time. In fact, we even got married in Vegas. I’m not a gambler or a drinker but we still find loads of new things to do each time we are there.