Disclosure: The information on Old El Paso and prize pack have been provided by General Mills through MyBlogSpark. All opinions are my own.
You know how I love easy recipes, right? I can’t cook for squat, but I have mastered the art of dinner from a kit or box! Hey, it’s still nutritious, don’t judge! Old El Paso, my favorite taco kit makers, has just made taco night even easier. Woohoo! Easier is always better! They’ve introduced new Stand ‘N Stuff Soft Tortillas and a whole line of delicious Mexican cooking sauces!
So what can you make with these awesome new products? Well, just about anything, really. Make tacos, fajitas, burritos, salads- the possibilities are limited only by your imagination! Since I have like no imagination when it comes to cooking, I went with Chicken Tacos. Ah, but see, I didn’t use the sauce that was recommended for tacos! I thought outside the pouch and went with the Chipotle Mexican Cooking Sauce, which was actually recommended for fajitas! I’m a total rebel! Mwa ha ha ha ha!
Easy Old El Paso Chicken Chipotle Taco Cups Recipe
- Old El Paso Stand ‘N Stuff Soft Tortillas
- Old El Paso Chipotle Mexican Cooking Sauce pouch
- 1 lb. Ground Chicken
- Shredded Mexican Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Veggies of your choice
- Brown the chicken in the pan. I used the super handy awesome chop turner utensil that came in my kit.
- Mix the Old El Paso Chipotle Mexican Cooking Sauce into the meat, turn the heat down and let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Take the Old El Paso Stand ‘N Stuff Soft Tortillas out of the package and follow the heating directions. Seriously, follow them for real. I didn’t and had to reheat them again.
- Stand the soft tortillas on a plate. Scoop desired amount of chicken into them.
- Top with cheese, sour cream and veggies of your choice.
- Fold over the top and eat!
See, easy! I am boring when it comes to my tacos. I only like cheese and sour cream on them. I’m not a big fan of veggies.
My mom, on the other hand, likes to put lettuce and tomatoes on hers. I think that’s probably the more “normal” way of doing it. We all know I’m not normal. I’m fine with that!
Delicious with a spicy kick!
So the real question is, how did my chicken chipotle taco cups taste? I thought they were delicious! The chipotle has a nice kick without being too spicy. The Old El Paso Stand ‘N Stuff Soft Tortillas made it so easy to make them without creating a massive mess. Plus, they’re easier to eat too! I can’t wait to try out the other flavors and see how they taste.
I don’t eat red meat (or mammals in general, or fish, but for a whole different reason), which is why I always go with chicken or turkey. If you prefer beef, though, you could make these with that instead just as easily. I suppose you could even use ground fish, if there is such a thing. The point is, you can make a ton of different combinations with the Old El Paso Stand ‘N Stuff Soft Tortillas and Mexican Cooking Sauces!
Enter to win an Old El Paso Gift Pack
Want to try out the Old El Paso Stand ‘N Stuff Soft Tortillas and Mexican Cooking Sauces for yourself? Enter to win an awesome gift pack just like the one I received. It includes:
- 1 container of new Old El Paso® Stand ‘N Stuff® Soft Tortillas
- 1 of each flavor of new Old El Paso® Mexican Cooking Sauces – Chipotle, Roasted Tomato, Chile & Roasted Garlic
- Collapsible Colander
- Veggie chopper
- Chop turner utensil
- $10 gift card to buy additional taco ingredients
Giveaway is open to US Residents age 18+ and ends on July 17th at 11:59PM.
a Rafflecopter giveaway