About two years ago, I developed an insane passion for spicy food. It’s funny, because for the first 36 years of my life, I only occasionally craved spicy. Now, I want it all the time! The hotter the better! I’ve always loved quesadillas, but since I’m such a picky eater they’re usually on the bland side. I really only add chicken and cheese, no veggies! I thought that adding some hot sauce would really spice things up.
Rather than add sauce at the end, though, this recipe really incorporates the spicy flavor right into the chicken. Check it out!
Spicy Chicken Quesadilla Recipe
- 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 packet of Chipotle Pepper Marinade spice (prepared according to package)
- 2 teaspoons to three tablespoons Texas Pete Hot Sauce (adjust depending on how hot you want them)
- Mexican Cheese Blend (we used most of an 8-oz bag)
- 16 8-inch round soft tortillas
- Sour Cream (optional)
- Combine the Texas Pete Hot Sauce and marinade spice in a bowl with the wet ingredients called for on the spice packet (we used oil and vinegar)
- Slice the chicken breast in half to make it thinner, place in bowl with marinade ingredients and let it sit for about 20 minutes.
- Once marinaded, grill your chicken! You can also cook it in a skillet, but we prefer it grilled.
- Cut up the chicken into small chunks.
- Set up your quesadilla maker (or your skillet if you don’t have one) and get all your filling ready.
- Fill your tortillas! We added cheese and chicken, then drizzled a bit more hot sauce over the filling.
- Add your top layer, then cook in your Quesadilla maker or skillet for about 5 minutes (depending on how crispy you like it).
Serve with sour cream on the side if you want! This recipe made about 8 spicy chicken quesadillas. They were so delicious, I ate two of them! .