This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Sargento. All opinions are 100% mine.
With Thanksgiving just a couple of weeks away, it’s time to start thinking side dishes! My aunt always makes an amazing corn casserole that I just love. When I was thinking about recipes that would go great with Sargento Shredded Cheese, I wondered if maybe that corn casserole dish would work? Is it possible to make something amazing even better? With Sargento Shredded Cheese, the answer is usually yes. I say “usually” because, well, there are SOME things you really can’t put cheese in. For the most part, though, I say “bring on the cheesy goodness!” It definitely worked in the corn casserole.
Cheesy Corn Casserole with Sargento Artisan Blends Double Cheddar
I didn’t really want to call my aunt and ask her for the recipe because I didn’t want her to think I was messing with her classic. I went looking for a recipe online, but really didn’t want to just copy someone else’s. I wanted it to be mine. Besides, I couldn’t find exactly what I was looking for: something creamy and delicious but not processed-tasting. So I pieced together my own recipe! Check it out! Ingredients:
- 15 ounces frozen cream corn (most recipes call for canned, but I think frozen tastes fresher), thawed. I couldn’t find exactly 15 ounces, so I bought two 10-ounce boxes and used half of the second one.
- 15 ounces of frozen whole kernel corn, thawed and drained
- 1 8-ounce package of your favorite corn bread mix (you could make your own, but I’m not quite that industrious!)
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon low-fat all-natural sour cream. The extra tablespoon makes a huge difference, so don’t skimp!
- 1 stick of butter (you could go with margarine, but I like to go with the real stuff), melted
- 4 ounces (about a half bag) of Sargento Artisan Blends Double Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350
- Throw everything except the cheese in a large bowl. Mix.
- Toss in about a small handful of the cheese. Mix.
- Pour it into a 13×9 casserole dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove and sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top of the dish.
- Bake for another 5 minutes.
A few things: most of the recipes I’ve seen call for a whole bag of cheese. With Sargento Artisan Blends Double Cheddar, that’s really not necessary. In fact, it’s too much. Sargento Cheeses are so full of body and flavor, you don’t need to drown your food in it to get the right taste. I also added cheese into the mix as well as on top, to really distribute it throughout. Again, a little goes a long way. What you see in the picture above is exactly how much I mixed in.
Enter the Sargento Facebook Recipe Contest
Sargento wants to see your awesome recipes and hear about the fresh ingredients that make it so fabulous. You could win $2,000 toward kitchen supplies and ingredients for the perfect holiday meal, plus a year’s supply of Sargento Shredded Natural Cheese!
Enter the Sargento Facebook recipe contest by submitting an original recipe and photo of a dish featuring a Sargento Shredded Natural Cheese variety, plus an explanation of why using real, fresh-tasting ingredients like Sargento Shredded Natural Cheese matters to you, to Sargento on Facebook.
Check out Sargento on Pinterest for more great recipes and inspiration!
What recipes will you make this holiday season with delicious Sargento Cheese?