This holiday season, head to Target and grab a bag of White Chocolate Peppermint M&Ms Why? You’re going to need them for my super yummy (if I do say so myself!) triple chocolate M&M bark recipe! While you’re there, pick up a package Target-exclusive Glad Holiday Packaging containers for more delicious M&M recipes! Each recipe on the Glad Holiday Packaging is designed so that you can store your goodies IN that package. Are you thinking what I’m thinking? Easy gift ideas! I found the M&Ms right on an end cap in the holiday section. I’ve spent a lot of time in that section over the last two weeks (I’m a frequent flyer at Target), so I knew right where to go. The Glad Holiday Packaging containers were in the holiday baking aisle in that section. I also found it in the regular baking section as well, so trust me, you won’t miss it. Now, let’s talk holiday recipes, shall we? I’ve never been much of a cook, but I am pretty good when it comes to baking and making holiday candy!
Triple Chocolate Minty Bark Recipe
- 1 bag of semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of Milk Chocolate M&M Baking Bits
- 1/2 cup of White Chocolate Peppermint M&Ms (try to get an equal mix of red and white)
- Spray the bottom of a 9×9 cookie sheet or casserole dish and cover with wax or parchment paper. If you don’t have one that size, I used a full cookie sheet, but only covered half of it with my mixture. Do this step first. It’s important.
- In a medium stainless steel pot or double boiler, melt the chocolate chips only over low heat. If you’re not using a double boiler, stainless steel is vital. You can theoretically microwave the chocolate, but I think it makes it hard to work with. Plus it doesn’t come out as smooth. If you opt to use the microwave, do it in short increments.
- Once your chocolate chips are melted and smooth, immediately pour it onto your prepared cookie sheet. If you’re using a full-sized sheet, only go about halfway up. Otherwise it will get too thin. Or double the ingredients for a full-size sheet.
- Right away, sprinkle the M&M Mini Baking Bits over the melted chocolate. Then add your White Chocolate Peppermint M&Ms. I kind of dotted them throughout. You can also crush them and sprinkle more on top if you want.
- Refrigerate for about half an hour, or until hardened
- Break into pieces. Store in your Glad Holiday containers!
M&M’s Chocolate Espresso Peppermint Bites
I also made the yummy M&M’s Chocolate Espresso Peppermint Bites recipe on the back of my Glad Holiday containers! Unfortunately, my reading comprehension was off and rather than making 1/2 teaspoon sized “bites,” I made 1/2 tablespoon-sized cookies! They still came out fabulous, but I’m going to need to make another trip to Target to get me some bigger Glad containers! By the way, if you want to go cookie-sized, the recipe is on the back of the larger Glad Holidays containers. The smaller containers has the bite-sized recipe. I need more Glad Holiday containers anyway, my mom is planning on baking up a storm this weekend for our upcoming family party. After seeing the containers I bought, she wants me to grab some for all her recipes. M&M’s are always part of my holiday baking tradition. I make a rocking chocolate chip M&M’s cookie recipe. The secret: put both in the mix in equal (and double) amounts. So if a recipe calls for a bag of chocolate chips, I add that PLUS a WHOLE bag of M&M’s. Glad is also a big part of our holiday traditions, as my mom likes to send everyone home with goodies. Glad gets those goodies over the river and through the woods to aunt’s and uncle’s houses in one piece! Remember, the White Chocolate Peppermint M&M’s and the Glad Holiday Packaging are only available at Target! So get over there and grab yours now! Do you bake with M&M’s during the holidays? What are your favorite recipes?