Before you slip into that gorgeous little black dress and slide on that stunning red lipstick, get your skin super silky soft with an awesome peppermint chocolate milk bath recipe! I think that a big part of looking beautiful is feeling beautiful. When my skin feels soft and smooth, I feel like I am so much more ready for date night. I mean, dresses are gorgeous, but when it’s time for them to come off (wink wink, nudge nudge), I want to make sure that I still look and feel beautiful!
I love making my own bath soak recipes. They’re insanely easy to pull together in just minutes. Today I’m sharing with you one of my favorite bath recipes…with a bit of a peppermint twist!
Peppermint Chocolate Milk Bath Recipe
I usually make a basic milk bath recipe with half a cup of sea salt and half a cup of powdered milk. I wanted to make something a little more special for Valentine’s Day, though. Since chocolate goes with Valentine’s Day like salt goes with the ocean, I decided to make a chocolate milk bath recipe. Then I remembered that I still have plenty of peppermint essential oil left over. So why not a peppermint chocolate bath recipe? Yum right? Well, yum for your skin anyway!
- 1/3 cup sea salts or Epsom salts
- 1/3 cup powdered milk
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 drops peppermint essential oil (you can also use peppermint extract if you want, or skip this step entirely if you don’t have it. It’s mostly to add to the ambiance)
- Mix the three dry ingredients together in a baggie or a bowl.
- Add your essential oils and mix more.
- Make sure that you break up any salt clumps.
Pour the mixture into a decorated mason jar for an extra special effect. Otherwise, just keep it in a baggie until you’re ready to use it. A baggie was hardly Pinterest-worthy, though, so I went with a mason jar. Plus, it’s easier for me to scoop out the amount that I want for each bath.
To use it, scoop out about 1/3 cup of the mixture and add it to your bath water. It’s best to do this when the water is still running, so that it gets nice and mixed it. Soak in the tub for at least ten minutes to get the super relaxing and skin-silkening effect! The combination of the salt, milk and cocoa produces absolutely amazing results!
If you’re looking for other ideas to make your Valentine’s Day a little bit more special, I’m sharing a few ideas from my favorite bloggers.
- Easy Valentine Nails from The Socialite’s Closet
- Romantic Date Night Outfit from Style on Main
- From Day to Night Valentine’s Day Outfit from Day by Day in Our World
- DIY Rose Sugar Lip Scrub from Philzendia
- Winter Beauty from The Guavalicious Life
- Leashes and Collars for Valentine’s Day from Two Little Cavaliers
- Rock and Roll Valentine’s Day from April Golightly
What are your favorite Valentine’s Day beauty tips? Tell me in the comments!
Oh that sounds amazing! I love using epsom salts!
This is a super cute idea for galantine’s Day.
I like making my own bath salts as gifts. Haven’t made any with milk before.
Thnaks for the tip hope my GF will love this….. *finger crossed*
I would love to try this and see how smooth my skin feels afterwards!