This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of AllWhites Egg Whites. All opinions are 100% mine.
I think by now we all know that I’m not exactly a culinary genius, right? Up until about two years ago, the closest to “homemade” I got was mixing two boxes of something and calling it an “invention.” Well, the other night, AllWhites Egg Whites made even a novice like me feel like a real master in the kitchen! I am SO proud of these Grilled Mini Turkey Taco Patties and the colorful corn relish topping. I couldn’t have done it without AllWhites Egg Whites. Seriously, I couldn’t, it’s their recipe.
Why AllWhites Egg Whites
Before we get to the yummy goodness that is the Grilled Mini Turkey Taco Patty, let’s talk AllWhite Egg Whites, shall we? I’ve NEVER made a burger before. In my life. I don’t eat red meat. Only chicken and turkey. But I had no idea how to actually make the patty. I thought you just kind of mushed the meat together and called it a day.
Well, that’s not exactly how it goes. Those of you who actually know how to cook are probably shaking your heads in dismay. You need something to hold it all together. Egg whites are perfect for that. Now, if I couldn’t figure out how to make a patty before, do you really think I know how to separate eggs? Enter AllWhites Egg Whites!
AllWhites 100% Liquid Egg Whites are exactly what they sound like: liquid egg whites. They also happen to be the ONLY egg white endorsed by Weight Watchers. Why? Well, a single serving contains no cholesterol, no fat and 0 PointsPlus® value on the Weight Watchers® program. AllWhites is also a good source of protein, with 5 grams per serving.
Getting enough protein is a challenge for me. I’m such a picky eater that it’s hard to find combinations of foods that I enjoy. I find that if I don’t get enough protein for dinner, I hit a major 7pm slump. I’ve actually fallen asleep on the couch many times! Protein is also important in the spring and summer, when it’s actually warm enough to get outdoors again. Now let’s see that recipe! You can find the original, along with many other yummy ideas, at AllWhites Egg Whites Favorites.
Grilled Mini Turkey Taco Patties
This incredible Grilled Mini Turkey Taco Patties recipe has 36 grams of protein per serving, but only 268 calories. Don’t let the “mini” fool you, I was satisfied with just one serving. Ingredients
- 1-1/4 lb. extra-lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup AllWhites® egg whites
- 1/3 cup finely crushed baked or regular tortilla chips (I put them in a baggie and used a rolling pin to crush them)
- 2 tsp. chili powder (make sure you note that it is tsp, NOT TBS. I read it aloud and wrong, my mom said “are you SURE?” I double-checked. Of course, if you like it spicy, go for the two tbs!)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste (I omitted)
For the corn relish:
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed (run it under cold water in a strainer if you forgot to take it out of the freezer earlier)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
How to Make it:
- Fire up your grill to medium heat or take out a large skillet if you’re using the stove.
- Combine your turkey, AllWhites egg whites, chili powder, crushed chips, salt and pepper in a medium mixing bowl. Squish it until it’s all mixed.
- Shape into 4 oblong patties and stick in the fridge until you’re ready to cook it.
- Mix the lime juice, sugar and oil in a medium bowl. Stir in the corn, red pepper, onion and cilantro until well mixed.
- Grab the patties out of the fridge and put them on the grill (or your skillet, sprayed with cooking spray if needed).
- Cook about 8-10 minutes, turning once. They’re done when the center is no longer pink.
Serve the patties wrapped in warm whole-wheat tortillas, add a spoonful of the corn relish on top. I added the relish on the patties, then wrapped it. It just made for better pictures. Plus it was less messy.
AllWhites Egg Whites made it so easy to create the turkey patties, and the tortilla chips added an interesting dimension to the taste. The whole combination was absolutely amazing. Next time you see a recipe that calls for eggs, reach for AllWhites Egg Whites instead. You can use them as a healthy alternative for just about any recipe. I can’t wait to try it in more recipes! In fact, I’m checking out more inspiration at AllWhites Egg Whites on Pinterest . Check out AllWhites Egg Whites on Facebook to keep up with news!
What is your favorite recipe to make with AllWhites Egg Whites? Share in the comments!