Did you know that June is National Candy Month? Well, now you do! June is the perfect month for it too, what with Father’s Day, graduation parties and weddings galore. What better way to celebrate than by joining the Candy Club! Yep, that’s a thing! I got to check out their amazingly tasty club in exchange for an honest review. We’re in total candy paradise here!
Fun Facts About Candy
In honor of National Candy Month, here are a few fun facts about candy that you may not know. I was surprised by a few of them!
- Adults (over age 18) consume more of the candy sold per year than kids do! In fact, they eat about 65% of all candy eaten per year.
- Americans eat about 22 pounds of candy each year. We actually eat less than most of the European nations.
- The word “candy” comes from the the Arabic word qandi, meaning ”made of sugar.”
- Cotton Candy was invented in 1897 and was originally called Fairy Floss.
- Some of your favorite candies, including gummy bears, lollipops and sour balls have zero fat in them. They’re still loaded with sugar, of course, but if you’re looking for low-fat options, they’re good choices!
Facts came from CandyHistory.net, as they seemed to be the most well-researched site. I did fact-check against other sites, though.
Explore new sweet experiences every month with Candy Club
The Candy Club is exactly what it sounds like, a Candy of the Month club that delivers tasty sweet treats to your door on a monthly schedule. Each package contains three nice big, pretty plastic jars of different candy along with a sprinkling of other treats in the box. Pictured above:
- Haribo® Gummi Techno Bears: My son’s favorite! Gummy Bears take on a whole new shimmery color with these almost-too-cute-to-eat darlings. Flavors include cherry, sour raspberry and apple.
- Sour Power® Wild Cherry Belts: If you love sour candy, this is a real treat! Sour Power added the brand new flavor to their menu, along with their traditional Strawberry Belts. These will definitely pucker your cheeks and make your mouth water!
- Gimbal’s® Sour Gourmet Jelly Beans: My personal favorite, these tasty jelly beans come in flavors like blueberry, pomegranate, cherry, apple, mango, strawberry, lime, lemon, tangerine and more. Basically, a whole lot of flavor packed tightly into this jar! I love them because they’re not incredibly sour, just enough to satisfy my craving but not enough to turn my cheeks inside out. They’re made with real fruit juice, too!
Sweets® Salt Water Taffy were sprinkled throughout the box as well. Those are amazing, by the way. Not as sticky as other salt water taffy that I’ve had. They whip rather than pull their taffy!
Aside from all the delicious goodness packed into each box, Candy Club makes a super classy way to give candy as a gift. As you can see, the treats are beautifully packaged. During the summer months, they use heat-resistant wrapping to make sure it doesn’t arrive a melted mess. Give a one-month subscription for $27.99, or save a ton of money and give a 12-month subscription for $19.99 a month. Candy Club guarantees that you’ll be satisfied or they’ll give you your money back.
Visit the Candy Club website to learn more and order your subscription! Connect with Candy Club on Facebook and Twitter to keep up with news. Check out their Instagram and Pinterest pages for loads of beautiful candy inspiration!
What is YOUR favorite candy? Tell me in the comments!
This is my kind of club! 😉 I love Reese’s.