Remember a few months I told you how much I loved my new Mediflow Waterbase pillow? I thought it was pretty much the best thing since pillows were invented. Then they added memory foam. Now, they’re like the undisputed kings of the pillow kingdom! SOOO comfy!
I received their newest addition to the Mediflow family about a month ago. I wanted to give it a real good testing, make sure that it held up well over time and kept me comfortable through different temperatures. I feel confident that I’ve put it through a good trial period. So let’s talk about why it rocks the pillow kingdom!
What is the Mediflow Memory Gel Foam Waterbase Pillow?
Back when I received the first Mediflow pillow, I was concerned that the water would be an issue. I thought it would leak, slosh, make me sea sick! Since that pillow resolved my fears, I knew this one wouldn’t cause any of those problems. The section that holds the water is sealed up tight, so even when I forgot I had a water pillow and plopped down on it rather hard, it didn’t ooze a single drop. I wanted to alleviate any worries about that before we move on. The water stays in the pillow, end of story.
Okay, so what makes the Mediflow Memory Gel Foam waterbase pillow different? Obviously, the answer lies in the name: it’s the memory foam. They’ve added a layer of memory gel foam to increase your overall comfort. Actually, it’s more than one layer. The bottom layer is a firmer foam that helps support your neck and allow for a more neutral spine position.
The reason I waited a month to review the pillow lies in the top layer of the foam. I was worried that when the weather turned, the foam would make me hot. I’ve had other no-name memory foam pillows that made my head feel like it was sitting in a sauna. The Mediflow Memory Gel Foam waterbase pillow is made with a top layer of foam that is “cool gel infused” and ventilated, so air circulates through it. Basically, so it doesn’t cause your head to overheat.
With 90+ degree nights oddly mixed in with 36 degree nights, I’ve had a chance to try it in pretty much every temperature over the last month of freaky weather changes. I can honestly say that no matter what temperature my room reached, the pillow remained comfortable. Not too hot, not too cold. Goldilocks would love it.
The bottom layer is the familiar waterbase, which, like the other Waterbase pillows, allows you to control the firmness or softness of your pillow. Add more water for a firmer pillow or take some out to make it lower and softer. As you toss and turn during the night, the water flows to keep your head and neck position stable.
Sleeping on the Mediflow Memory Gel Foam waterbase pillow is an awesome experience. It really does help keep my neck in a better position. I have a pinched nerve and a couple of disks that aren’t where they’re supposed to be. They’re not herniated or bulging, something in between? I can’t remember. The ones in my lower back are herniated, the neck disks aren’t that bad, but whatever comes just before that.
Anyway, if I don’t sleep just right, I wake up with MAJOR migraines. While the Mediflow Memory Gel Foam waterbase pillow doesn’t prevent every migraine (some come from other issues), it does let me wake up without so much neck pain. That itself makes it one of my nighttime best friends. The pillow is on sale for $65.99 on Mediflow’s shop. It’s worth it!
- CLINICALLY PROVEN TO REDUCE NECK PAIN: Mediflow's Water Pillow, the only pillow for neck pain relief backed by an independent Johns Hopkins study, provides significant reduction in neck pain and improves your sleep quality.
- FULLY ADJUSTABLE FOR ALL SLEEPING POSITIONS: Mediflow's adjustable pillow lets you control firmness and height for a personalized fit. The unique Waterbase design makes it the perfect bed pillow for side sleepers, back sleepers, and stomach sleepers.
- TWO-LAYER COMFORT & SUPPORT: Mediflow’s Water Pillow boasts a plush Fiber Fill top layer for cushioned comfort, and a responsive Waterbase bottom layer for personalized support. This design works together to alleviate neck pain and improve sleep quality.
- THE PREMIUM ORIGINAL WATER PILLOW: Mediflow, the original inventors of The Water Pillow, provide 25+ years of design advancements. Best for neck pain relief, superior comfort, support, and quality sleep. Experience our acclaimed, innovative water pillow.
- TRUSTED BY HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS: Choose Mediflow's adjustable pillow, the trusted name among Sleep Doctors, Chiropractors, and Physical Therapists worldwide. Our water pillow for neck pain is the recommended choice by healthcare professionals.
- YOU ARE UNIQUE: Mediflow’s Water Pillow is designed with your uniqueness in mind. It adapts to the shape of your head and neck, offering personalized comfort and effective relief from neck pain.
- FDA REGISTERED MEDICAL DEVICE: Mediflow's water pillow for sleeping is a registered medical device with the FDA. Designed to promote quality sleep, it plays a vital role in maintaining a healthy immune system.
Last update on 2023-12-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API