The calendar my still say summer, but fall is on the way! It’s my favorite season for so many reasons. Halloween, death to the bugs, cooler weather, pretty leaves and super delicious fall treats! The only bad thing about it is back to school, I could do without that. I like sleeping in.
To celebrate the coming fun fall season, I’m sharing a crazy-easy caramel apple dip recipe with you. I love caramel apples, but I’ll be honest, I only eat the outside part. You know, the ooey, gooey, messy caramel part! Then I ditch the innards. Bad, I know. But with a caramel apple dip, you can slice the apples and actually get the whole slice all messy. That way, you’re eating more of the good apple too! Fine, I know, it means I’m eating more of the caramel as well, but I won’t tell if you don’t!
I also find dip a lot easier than trying to perfectly coat a whole apple. I’m a klutz. Apples end up on the floor and caramel on the ceiling. Don’t ask!
Crazy-Easy Salted Caramel Apple Dip
- 1 package of caramels (the kind you eat, not the baking caramels, they have a different flavor)
- 1 Cup Marshmallow Fluff
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon course salt
- Chopped nuts for topping, if desired
- Melt the caramels in a double boiler or stainless steel pot over low heat. You can also do it in the microwave in 30-second increments if you want, but I prefer the stove.
- Add in the other ingredients, one at a time in order, stirring until they’re mixed and melted in.
- Pour into a fancy schmancy pot or a plain old bowl, depending on whether you’re presenting it or devouring it yourself
- Put your nuts, sprinkles, etc into a little bowl
- Dip your apples into the yummy dip, then into your extras! Yes, it gets the nut/sprinkle mix messy, but who cares? If you want to be dainty about it, you could put a spoon in there and sprinkle the sprinkles over your dipped apple slice.
This recipe takes just a few minutes to make yet tastes fantastic. It’s like being at a state fair, except without spending $4 per apple! Or $20 per ride.
For more fun Fall projects and recipes, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Easy Paleo Apple Butter Recipe from Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Skillet Apple Pie Roll Recipe from A Mom’s Take
- DIY Wooden Apples Craft from Mom Does it All
- Caramel Apple French Toast Strata from My So Called Balanced Life
- Fall Chopped Salad from 2boys+1girl=OneCrazyMom
- Caramel Apple Shortbread Parfaits from Simply Southern Mom
- Homemade Apple Cider from This Mama Loves
- Skillet Apple Crisp from Better in Bulk
- DIY Apple Earrings from Cait’s Beauty
- Apple Stamp Craft from Mom on the Side
- Chocolate Dipped Spiced Caramel Apples from How Was Your Day?
- Homemade Crepes with Apple Butter from Our Family World
- Apple Monkey Bread Muffins from Upstate Ramblings
- How to Host a Caramel Apple Bar from MommaDJane
- DIY Glittered Sneakers from Style on Main
- Apples and Avocados from The Guavalicious Life
- Apple Pie Ice Cream from Home and Garden Cafe
- Morning Glory Muffins from Day by Day in Our World
What is your favorite apple recipe? Tell me about it in the comments!