The world has felt like an exceptionally sharp place lately, but I thought these quotes about strength and courage could help all of us. One of the things I like to do for myself when I’m feeling frustrated, upset or just downtrodden is to try to refocus my perspective. While my favorite way to refocus is to lose myself in a good book for a while, a good quote placed in just the right spot can also be effective to give me a lift. I have more than one of these quotes about courage displayed in my house, and some of the quotes that focus more on strength I’ve been adding to my journal lately as I continue to find more and more really good quotes! See all of my favorites below!
25 Quotes About Strength And Courage To Inspire You
- “All the adversity I’ve had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me…. You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.” Walt Disney
- “You’ve always had the power, my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself.” Glinda The Good Witch- The Wizard of Oz
- “We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.” J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” Ernest Hemingway
- “Deep roots are not reached by the frost.” J.R.R. Tolkien
- “Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you.” – Walt Whitman
- “Nothing is more beautiful than the smile that has struggled through the tears.” Demi Lovato
- “Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible’!” Audrey Hepburn
- “That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” Friedrich Nietzsche
- “You have to believe in yourself when no one else does – that makes you a winner right there.” Venus Williams
- “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou
- “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” Arnold Schwarzenegger
- “The most beautiful people I’ve known are those who have known trials, have known struggles, have known loss, and have found their way out of the depths.” Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
- “People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built.” Eleanor Roosevelt
- “We may get knocked down on the outside, but the key to living in victory is to learn how to get up on the inside.” Joel Osteen
- “Fall down seven times, get up eight.” Japanese Proverb
- “Anyone can hide. Facing up to things, working through them, that’s what makes you strong.” Sarah Dessen
- “It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” E.E. Cummings
- “The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.” Coco Chanel
- “Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim.” Nora Ephron
- “Bran thought about it. ‘Can a man still be brave if he’s afraid?’ ‘That is the only time a man can be brave,’ his father told him.” George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones
- “You cannot swim for new horizons until you have courage to lose sight of the shore.” William Faulkner
- “You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.” Marcus Aurelius
- “Freedom lies in being bold.” Robert Frost
So what do you do to refocus and lift yourself up? Which of these quotes about strength and courage inspire you? Tell me about it down in the comments!
Thanks – I really needed this.
Loving these quotes. Youre right, the world has become different and sometimes it is difficult to stay focused.