This post was sponsored by No Yolks as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Raise your hand it the No Yolks package brings back fond memories of eating homemade chicken noodle soup when you were sick as a kid! When I was little, seeing that package in the house meant my gran was about to make one of my favorite soups. She always added extra noodles just for me, especially because I was a picky kid and would eat around the vegetables! Now you know where my son gets it! I was actually going to try to make that soup for this post, but honestly, I couldn’t come close to doing it justice. I inherited a lot of traits from my grandmother, but my cooking gene must have come from my grandfather instead! He could make exactly ONE thing (some sort of breakfast pork roll). I’m a bit more talented than that, but no where close to my grandmother’s level of skill. Besides, I discovered over the years that the noodles are perfect for so much more than just throwing in chicken soup…like making easy cheesy noodles in a flash!
Easy Cheesy No Yolks Noodle Recipe
If you haven’t tried No Yolks yet, you’re missing out! The healthy cholesterol-free egg noodle alternative made from egg whites may be low in fat and sodium, but they’re high in flavor! You’d be amazed at how many things you can make with them! I was originally going to try the 3-Cheese Noodle recipe on the No Yolks website. However, I realized that I forgot like half of the ingredients because I also forgot my list. Figures. No problem, though, I worked with what I had and came up with something a little different.
- 1 package No Yolks® Extra Broad Noodles (grab a coupon for them here)
- 1 Teaspoon minced garlic (or more if you like really garlicky food)
- 3/4 brick of cream cheese (about 6oz)
- 1/2 cup (I used 2%) + splash as needed
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, divided
How to Make it:
- Follow the directions on the package to cook the noodles. Drain the water when they’re done and return to the post.
- While your noodles are cooking, make the sauce. Grab a medium sauce pan and add a little olive oil to the bottom of it. Turn it on to low-medium heat (3 on my stove dial). Toss in the minced garlic and swish it around for about 30 seconds.
- Next, add the milk and cream cheese, stirring until it melts.
- Add in half of the cheddar cheese, a little at a time, stirring until it all melts together. If your noodles aren’t done yet, keep the sauce on low and keep stirring.
- Remove the sauce from heat and move your No Yolks pot over to that burner. Quickly dump in the sauce and add the rest of the cheese, stirring until the noodles are all coated.
- Season with salt, pepper, and/or Parmesan cheese if desired.
A few tips. First, I started making my sauce just a little too early, so I had to keep stirring it over low heat until the noodles were done. I recommend starting the sauce maybe about 3 minutes into the noodle cooking cycle.
Second, the garlic balances out the sharpness of the cream cheese and cheddar, so don’t skip that! My mom liked the sauce as is, but I felt like it still needed a little more tang. The Parm cheese on top does a great job of adding that extra balance of flavor.
Also, if your your sauce is too thick as you’re making it, you can add a splash of milk as needed to get it to the consistency you want. I added maybe an extra teaspoon. Literally a splash!
What else can you make with No Yolks Noodles?
The Easy Cheesy Noodles recipe was so yummy, I’m looking forward to trying new recipes using No Yolks noodles. I have been craving miso soup, so I may give that a try. Other ideas that I’m thinking about include:
- Sesame Chicken Noodle Bowls
- Sriracha Cheesy Noodles (I SO wanted to make these tonight, but my mom can’t handle spicy foods and I was cooking for her, too)
- Creamy Garlic Bread Noodles
- Creamy Chicken Pesto
- Buffalo Chicken Alfredo
- Pizza Noodle Cups (I am fascinated by these! You make them in a muffin tin!)
All of these recipes- and a whole lot more- are on the No Yolks website in case you want to try them out now. The great thing about No Yolks Noodles is that there are no rules. They’re so versatile and tasty that you could literally just throw butter and some Parmesan cheese on them and they’d still make a great meal. No matter what you try to make with them, the noodles stay firm and fluffy until you’re done fiddling with your recipe, so go ahead and experiment!
Heading to the grocery store to pick some up? Don’t forget to print out a coupon to save $0.50! I can’t wait to see what delicious recipe you come up with!
I think it would be nice to add bacon on top of the noodles. It brings out saltiness to balance the creaminess and cheesiness of the dish. This is a great comfort food that’s easy to make.
This is great information. I enjoy egg noodles, but never knew they also come in egg white, without yolk. I have to try this brand and this yummy recipe.
I would like to try the Super Creamy Chicken Noodle Skillet from the recipes portion of the site. It looks like a tasty, quick, weeknight meal. It was hard to choose, though, because they all look tasty!
Thank you for sharing the coupon. I love these noodles. We will have to try out this recipe. You can’t go wrong with noodles and cheese!!
This is my sons favorite noodle brand. I make beef stroganoff for him at least twice a month and he loves buttered noodles with Parmesan cheese too. I will have to try this no yolks cheesy noodles recipe for him.
We love the No Yoke Egg noodles! If fact, I’m making them tonight with some beef stroganoff. Love the tips you added. I always find those so helpful because often the same things have happened to me.
I’d like to start with the 3-Cheese Noodles 🙂 I’m sure I’d try more recipes after I try that one! lol
I remember the chicken soup my grandma used to make with these noodles! lol! It was so good, but just like you, I would never come close either. There’s a delicious after taste it comes with that I still, no matter how many times I’ve attempted it, can’t do it.
I didn’t know about this product or brand. Thanks for sharing. My mom doesn’t eat egg yolks and would benefit from this. Thanks for sharing the coupon as well.
Ok, I love noodles but I’ve never tried a no yolk one before. I just assumed that they would be bland. Knowing that they are both flavorful and have a healthy kick to it makes me want to try these next!
Oh man the Philly Cheese Steak Stroganoff Skillet looks amazing!
I love pasta. This recipe looks so yum!