Looking for an inexpensive way to decorate your tree AND keep the kids (or yourself) busy during the holiday season? Check out these 25 adorable handmade Christmas ornaments to make!
I remember my first Christmas season away from home. I was living in an apartment in Maine with my first husband (it didn’t last long…the husband or Maine) and we were flat broke. We barely had enough for the little Charlie Brown-like tree that we bought, let alone ornaments. We had a few store-bought ornaments that we received as gifts, but not nearly enough to cover the whole tree. I’ve never been really crafty, but I did manage to make some cute handmade ornaments to fill in the gaps. Ever since then, I try to make at least one handmade ornament each year to remind myself that Christmas joy doesn’t always have to have a price tag attached to it. Check out a few fabulous DIY ornaments from some of my favorite bloggers for inspiration for your own tree!
DIY Christmas Ornaments to Make
- Disney-inspired DIY Ornaments from As the Bunny Hops
- Big Hero 6 Baymax Ornament from Mama to 5 Blessings
- DIY Book Page Ornament from Suburban Simplicity
- Cinnamon Ornaments from The Kitchen is My Playground
- Gingerbread House Ornament from Tikkido
- Minecraft Creeper Ornament from Rockin Boys
- Bottlecap Snowman Ornament from Mom Foodie
- Sheet Music Ornament from Happy Hooligans
- Faux Wood Burned Ornament from Simple as That
- Lego Friend Ornament from Craft Bits
- Homemade Essential Oil Diffuser Ornament from Happy Deal Happy Day
- Felt Donuts from Molly and Mama
- Sparkly Pom Pom Ornaments from Our Family World
- Puzzle Piece Ornament Inspired by Frozen from My Teen Guide
- White & Gold Pawprint Ornament from DogVills
- Rustic Sweater Star Ornament from Today’s Creative Life
- DIY North Pole Ornament from Tater Tots & Jello
- Polish Star from Daily DIY Life
- How to Make a Yarn Ball from Where the Smiles Have Been
- How to make Salt Dough Ornaments from Wholefully
- Santa Hat Punch Needle Ornament from Chicken Scratch NY
- Anthropologie Inspired DIY Wanderlust Globe Ornament from Creative Green Living
- Christmas Gnome Craft from Vintage Kitty
- Puzzle Wreath Ornament from Rockabye Parents
- 10 Minute DIY Photo Ornaments from Simple as That
Do you make DIY Christmas ornaments? Share some of your favorite ideas with me below!
Really cute ideas, I like the Polish Star from Daily DIY Life & the Puzzle Wreath ideas. Considering how many puzzles we have that are missing pieces, we have plenty we can use.
nice post keep it up
Pretty cool me of the ornaments I have already made. I am into doing crafts like this and will be doing some with my granddaughters this year.
I like the Polish Star from Daily DIY Life & the Puzzle Wreath ideas. Considering how many puzzles we have that are missing pieces, we have plenty we can use.