The eufy RoboVac 30c is a darling robotic vacuum for anyone looking for hands-free cleaning at an affordable price. Read on to check out my thoughts & learn how it works in a somewhat cluttered, pet-centric house.
Have I ever told you about my mom’s vacuum cleaner addiction? Maybe addiction is too strong a word, but seriously, I’ve never met anyone who loves a new vacuum more than she does. For as long as they’ve existed, she’s wanted a robot vacuum. We had one briefly, but Freya chewed part of it when she was a puppy and it’s just too expensive to fix. Needless to say, she was excited when I got the eufy RoboVac 30c in the mail.
What is the eufy RoboVac 30c
*I received a complementary eufy RoboVac 30c in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are, as always, my own.
I’m sure you’ve figured out by now that the eufy RoboVac 30c is a hands-free robot vacuum cleaner. Let’s talk a bit about the features, as well as the difference between the eufy RoboVac 30 and the 30c. Fair warning, I anthropomorphize everything, so at some point you’ll hear me refer to eufy as “he or him,” I’m sure. Yep, my eufy is a boy robot in my head, and I’m pretty attached to him! He’s my little cleaning buddy! See, I’m already doing it.
Okay, so let’s check out what you get with your eufy RoboVac 30c, then we’ll discuss the powerful cleaning features before getting more into my thoughts.
- Wi-Fi Convenience: The EufyHome app, and Amazon Alexa and the Google Assistant voice control-services let you accomplish your vacuuming needs with zero effort from you.
- Worry-Free Cleaning: Set Boundary Strips and the robotic vacuum cleaner’s slim 2.85” body with—upgraded to 1500Pa* suction—only cleans the areas you want.
- BoostIQ Technology: The robotic vacuum cleaner will automatically increase suction power within 1.5 seconds when extra vacuuming strength is needed—so you get the best clean.
- A Quiet Clean: Up to 100 minutes** of constant, powerful suction at a volume no louder than an operating microwave from this robotic vacuum cleaner.Power Consumption:40 W
- What You Get: RoboVac 30C, 13.2 ft Boundary Strips, remote control (2 AAA batteries included), charging base, AC power adapter, cleaning tool, extra set of high-performance filters, 4 side brushes, 5 cable ties, welcome guide, and our worry-free 12-month warranty.
What’s in the box?
Your eufy RoboVac 30c comes with the vacuum, obviously! It also includes:
- 13.2 ft Boundary Strips (to mark off areas where you don’t want eufy to clean)
- A remote control with 2 AAA batteries included
- the charging base & AC power adapter
- a cleaning tool
- one extra set of high-performance filters
- 4 side brushes
Powerful cleaning features of the eufy RoboVac 30c
There’s only one reason to buy a robotic vacuum, and that’s to clean your house, so let’s see how eufy accomplishes that.
- 3-point Cleaning system- eufy features three brushes along with strong suction (1500Pa for techie people, but I’m not sure what that means, to be honest) to loosen up and suck up dirt all over your floors.
- Non-stop motion- since eufy has large .63″ wheels, he can up over door ledges and other small inclines to keep doing his job in every room
- Long run-time- the eufy runs an average of 100 minutes on a single charge
- Smart enough to do his thing without needing you to help him out- eufy knows better than to fall down steps or off ledges, so you don’t have to follow him around all day making sure he’s safe! He also has 9 “anti-collision” sensors so that he’s not constantly bumping into things.
Basically, eufy is strong enough to pick up your everyday messes and smart enough to do it without help from you, meaning you can sit back and relax while he does the hard work!
As for the difference between the 30 and 30c, it mostly has to do with connectivity. The eufy 30c, along with all of those other great features, has built-in WI-FI and works with Alexa and Google Assistant. That means you can control him from your Smartphone. A major plus given our household’s tendency to lose remotes!
How does it work in a pet-centric house?
There are two things you need to know about my house to understand how the eufy RoboVac 30c work. First, I have a relatively cluttered house. It’s not messy, but there’s a lot of stuff in a relatively small space.
Second, I have two dogs and three cats. While Freya and Mocha aren’t heavy shedders, the cats are. Even though the dogs don’t shed as much as my previous pups, they do track in a lot of dirt from the back yard.
Given these two factors, I was curious to see how eufy navigated around my house. I’m happy to say that it really is quite smart about not knocking into things! Eufy only got confused a couple of times when he found himself really boxed in between a chair, a box, and a cat. Yep, eufy even knows how to avoid my cats and dogs!
I love that the sensors sense obstacles before running into them. I had a robot vacuum that had to bump into stuff first to realize that it needed to turn around and go the other way. I am also really surprised by how much dirt the eufy can hold before it needs to be emptied!
I also love that it’s not horrifically loud, so I can run it while I’m working without getting annoyed by it. Mocha is sensitive to loud vacuums, and while she doesn’t particularly like the eufy, she’s not as terrified of it as she is of our larger machines. Freya poked at it a bit, but mostly leaves it be, which is kind of a miracle given her high prey drive! The cats like to follow it around and stalk it, but so far they haven’t bothered with it much. I kind of wish they’d ride on it like in those viral YouTube videos!
Speaking of videos, check out this great demonstration of the eufy RoboVac 30c in action (in a much nicer and less cluttered house than my own):
Overall, I’m really happy with the euyfy RoboVac 30c. I would definitely recommend it for anyone who doesn’t want to spend all day vacuuming. It’s great for those of us with back issues, too!
Last update on 2021-04-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API