Want to make sure you have treats that ALL kids can enjoy on Halloween? Make sure you keep a few non-candy goodies on hand! If you need inspiration for a few inexpensive ideas, I’ve got you covered. Read on for 20 candy-free ideas that are all treats and no tricks!
First, don’t get me wrong, I adore candy! If your kids can tolerate it, then by all means, let them indulge on Halloween. After all, it only comes around once a year. However, Halloween is supposed to be fun for all kids, not just those who can eat sacks full of candy without going into anaphylactic shock, a diabetic coma or worse.
The hard part, of course, is finding candy alternatives that are just as fun as chocolate AND won’t cost you the equivalent of a king-sized bar for every child. Below are 25 ideas that are easy on the budget yet still make the trek to your front door totally worth the trip.
FYI, this post contains affiliate links, which means if you buy anything through them, I get a tiny commission at no extra charge to you. Thanks!
20 Really Cool Candy-Free Halloween Treats
*This post does contain affiliate links. That means if you click on the links and make a purchase, I get a tiny commission.
1. Punching Balloons!
Punch balloons like this Creepy Halloween Ghoulish set are always a hit in my house! Even teens love them (and yes, you should absolutely give out treats to teens, because they deserve to have fun just as much as tiny tots).
- 12" x 7 1/2", 16 pieces
- For decorating windows, walls, rooms and ceilings
- Halloween latex punch balloons in different colors
- Perfect for halloween, special events or any other themed occassions
2. These glowing eye balls!
My son never gets tired of creepy bouncy balls, especially if they glow in the dark! Plus, when it inevitably rolls under the couch, at least you’ll be able to find it!
- GIFTEXPRESS Pack of 24, 1.25" diameter Glow in the Dark Eyeball
- Eyeballs are bouncing balls
- Glow in the dark
- Perfect Halloween toys and treats
- Tips for glow in the dark toy: you can put them under the sun or hold them up to a strong light, they will adsorb energies and then transform to fluorescent light.
3. Crazy fun wind up toys
- This Halloween Wind Up Toy Assortment for Halloween Goody Bag Filler Includes 12 Different Design Wind Up Toys. No Duplicates.
- Perfect for Halloween Party Favor, Trick or Treat Handouts, Halloween Party Gift Goody Bag Fillers.
- Wind Up Characters Include Popular Halloween Characters such as Vampire, Mummy, Frankenstein, Pirate etc.
- Includes Glow in Dark Wind-up Eyeball, Vampire Fang and Skull. All of them Walk or Jump after Wind Up. The Jack O Lantern with Magic Hat, the Skull Pirate and The Vampire Fang Open and Close Mouth while Jumping.
- Money Back Guarantee: Contact Seller and We Will Replace or Refund You If You are not Satisfied in 90 Days.
4. Rubber Duckies!
We used to have a massive collection of rubber duckies, mostly because I went through a “collect them all” phase. This set comes with 48 adorable duckies in a ton of varieties, all for a pretty reasonable price.
- INCLUDES 48 Rubber Ducks + 1 Jack O Lantern Pumpkin Tote Bag
- RUBBER DUCKIES include a variety of Halloween Designs including trick or treat costume ducks wearing witch's hats, ghosts, and dinosaur costumes. Also includes Zombies, Dracula, Werewolf, Frankenstein, Black Cat, Pumpkin, Ghost Mummy, Skeleton, Witch, Candy Corn Designs.
- PLEASE NOTE that these ducks because of their unique shapes, DO NOT float upright in water. So they won't work for a duck pond game, however they make great trick or treat handouts for kids and Halloween party favors. Ducks are approximately 2" in size.
- The Trick or Treat Fabric Tote Bag has a Jack O Lantern design and measures 15" x 16.5".
- These Halloween Duckies are great for Trick or Treat Handouts for Kids, as an alternative to candy. They also are great for Halloween Party Favors, Student Prize Chest Toys for school, Fall Festival Prizes, Seasonal Carnival Prizes, and even for claw machine prizes or crane machine prizes.
5. Zombie Bendies!
While I’ve never really been into zombies, there’s a reason Hollywood keeps making movies about them. The vast majority of kids do not agree with my sentiment. In other words, they’ll adore these bendies!
6. More bouncy balls!
As much as I love the glowing eyeball set, you do get more for your money in this set. For about the price of a few bags of candy you get 6 dozen cute candy-free treats to give out. Plus, they’re not quite so scary for teeny tots.
7. LED Pumpkin Necklaces
If you don’t have a lot of trick or treaters (or have a pretty good-sized budget), these are a cute giveaway. We only have one or two every year because we live too far outside the regular trick or treat zone. Basically, coming up here isn’t worth the effort.
- LOVE THY PUMPKIN | Halloween isn’t complete without a carved pumpkin. But why limit yourself to only having a pumpkin on the doorstep? Take it with you! Our Light Up Halloween Pumpkin Jack O Lantern Necklace will let you take the spirit of Halloween everywhere you go. Each 35” pumpkin light up necklace has 9 large Jack O Lantern pumpkin LED lights. With a click of the button you can choose from 6 different light settings.
- HALLOWEEN PARTY FAVOR | You want all those ghouls and goblins at your party to be happy. Be sure to add our pumpkin necklace to your Halloween party supplies. It makes a wonderful party favor.
- KEEP TRACK OF YOUR KIDS | Nothing worse than an LED necklace that barely lights up. You won’t have that problem with our pumpkin necklace. The bright pumpkins are visible from far away. Halloween and other events can get really crowded with kids. Our super bright light-up Jack-O-Lantern necklace will keep you little ones visible at all time.
- BASED IN THE USA | We’re proud to be a US-based, family owned company that’s been in business since 1983. Our passion is to always provide you with the best selection of unique gifts and novelties on the market.
- INCLUDED (1) Light Up Halloween Pumpkin Jack O Lantern Necklace. 3 replaceable AG13 batteries included and installed.
I love Play-Doh so much that I anxiously awaited the day my son would be old enough to play with it. Then I bought pretty much every Play-Doh set in existence. Jake is 14 now and doesn’t play with it anymore, but I broke out the big box when my niece and nephew were here recently!
This bag is pricey, but you get 80 mini tubs of Play Doh in it, so it’s worth it.
- 80 cans of fun size Play Doh (0.80 oz) - Endless fun and creativity
- Assorted colors modeling compound
- Ideal as party favor or Halloween trick or treat
- Ages 2 and up
- Assorted characters on bag
9. Wall Flingy Sticky Things
What is it about sticky wall tumblers? Jake has had like a million of them over the years. They get hairy and gross after a week, yes, but they sure are fun while they last! Fun fact about me: I was TERRIFIED of these things when I was a kid, especially the ones shaped like octopuses!
- 72 Pieces Super Value Pack Includes: 12 Wall Climber Men, 12 Sticky Animals, 12 Large Sticky Hands, 12 Sticky Hammers, 12 Stretchy Flying Frogs and 12 Sticky Frogs
- Each Piece is Individually Packed. Perfect for Birthday Party Favors, Carnival Prizes, Pinatas, Classroom Rewards, Holiday Goodie Bags.
- Toy Set is Made from Non Toxic Safe Materials. This Toy Conforms to US Toy Standards.
- Larger Size than Similar Products. More Varieties. Higher Value!
- MONEY BACK GUARANTEE- "Contact Seller" and we will refund you or ship you a replacement if the one you received fail to work in 90 days.
10. Zombie pencils
- Looking for a fun-filled Halloween giveaway that's more awesome than gruesome. These Zombie Pencils are sure to get kids smiling. A perfect handout for Halloween parties at school, there's nothing like these zombie pencils to help kids flex their brain power. Wood. (2 dozen per unit) 7 1/2" OTC
11. Brain-Shaped Erasers
These would go great with the pencils! They’re simple and funny yet oddly cute, aren’t they? Who knew the brain would look so pretty in pink?
- FUN SHAPED ERASER! - Don't let the zombies get their hands on these Rubber Brain-Shaped Erasers! For the next Halloween, give something different to kids for trick-or-treating or for classroom giveaways.
- UNIQUE SCHOOL SUPPLY - Intricately designed to resemble a brain—from its shape down to the littlest details. Each eraser measures 1". A great companion for taking school notes, drawing, sketching, or just simply doodling.
- PARTY OR ACTIVITIES - Light up everyone's faces with these pieces that are perfect for different occasions such as birthdays, classroom activities, school fairs, Halloween parties and more.
- BANG FOR THE BUCK - For a low cost, you'll get this pack that comes in assorted fun colors that look almost as if they were candies. Includes 24 pieces.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - If you are not completely satisfied with these items, we will refund your money.
12. Not so creepy erasers
- Assortment contains six scary designs
- #2 HB Lead
13. The whole shebang assortment
If you don’t want to limit kids to just one type of candy-free treat, assortments like this are a great option. I love this one because every item in it is pretty cool. If you opt for a different assortment, just look closely to make sure you’re not getting 500 tiny stickers and 5 cool toys. Kind of like how candy assortments always fill half of the bag with that one candy no one wants to eat.
- 156 Count Halloween Treats for kids includes all the bestselling Halloween novelties at bulk price. This kit is a great alternative to candy treats & sweets. Includes the following:
- 12 Halloween Activity Packs. Each Activity Pack includes 1 pencil, 1 sticker sheet + 4 mini erasers (2 bats and 2 pumpkins) Total= 12 pencils, 12 sticker sheets + 48 mini erasers.
- 12 mini Halloween rubber ducks; Each duck measures 2" and do not float upright. Kids love these!
- 72 Glitter Halloween Tattoos. Easy to apply and remove. Non-toxic. Add some sparkle and shine to your Halloween costume with these 1 1/2" spooky tattoos!
- These Halloween Party favors are the perfect toys for Halloween giveaways, Treats for Kids, Halloween piñata filler and much more!
14. Glow in the Dark Temporary Tats
Temporary tattoos are a great budget-friendly candy-free treat because you can get a ton of them super cheap. My son used to go through temporary tats like crazy. I’m surprised half of his DNA isn’t made up of wash-off ink.
- ABUNDANT QUANTITY: 26 sheets including 80+ design, and two different styles, include 8 sheets glow in the dark tattoos stickers, Halloween temporary tattoos , pumpkin tattoos, spider tattoos（size 120*75 mm/4.72*2.95 inch）, 18 sheets Day of the dead sugar skull temporary tattoo Halloween tattoo stickers for Cos Play, day of the dead skeleton temporary tattoo（size 60*60 mm/2.36*2.36 inch）
- LIGHT IN THE DARK HALLOWEEN KITS - Stick these glow in the dark tattoos, you would be the unique one on your party
- HIGH QUALITY MATERIAL: The dead sugar skull temporary tattoo is waterproof, removable, long last for 2-5 days
- VARIOUS OCCASIONS: These temporary tattoos for kids are perfect design for Halloween party cosplay dress up accessories, Day of The Dead, Night Party, make up dress up for kids
- WATERPROOF & NON-TOXIC ：Halloween temporary tattoos are water proof, nontoxic, safe and fun for all ages including kids & adults
15.Sugar Skull Tattoos
- 6 dozen per unit
- Size: 1 1/2"
- Easy to apply and remove
- Safe and non-toxic
- Individually sleeved
Since these only come in 3-packs, this is another giveaway that you might want to consider getting only if you have just a few visitors each year. Otherwise, you might want to look at other options that give you more to a set.
- CAUSE A STIR AT THE HALLOWEEN PARTY: You can create a theme party called "hit the zombies with the brains", and the kids will love it! Our brain plat ball is going to be the hit of the day and everyone will love the theme and ask you where you got the brains. Brains... brains... brains! Your little zombies will beg for these Brain-Shaped Splat balls. Pass them out to trick-or-treaters or as Halloween party favors.
- OUR STICKY BRAIN SPLAT BALL IS SAFE, LATEX-FREE, BPA-FREE MATERIALS!! Our stick 'n' splats are made with thicker material so they last longer. We spend more on the materials to make our splats to ensure higher quality standards. We have fewer cases of breakage with normal usage than most of our competitors.
- YOU CAN USE THEM AS SENSORY BALLS: A set of three brain balls in distinctive shapes and with different surface textures is waiting for you to get it. Great fun for throwing, catching, rolling and bouncing as the irregular shapes make them bounce and roll in unpredictable directions, challenging expectations and hand-eye coordination.
- GET THROUGH THE DAILY STRESSES: It is lightweight, inexpensive, and it offers a soothing effect. This stress relieving brain ball is easy to squeeze and has a cute appearance which attracts attention and engages the user with its vibrant color.
- IT'S PERFECT FOR SCHOOL PROJECTS: Order our "Squishy Brain "and use it for a science fair project or for a medical presentation for grade school kids. It's not too gory to pass off as a replica of a brain for science purposes and the price is much better than most other scientific brain models. It is a soft plastic that is lightweight enough to attach to a foam board.
17. Halloween Squishies
Another cute idea that’s ideal for a smaller number of ToT’ers (they’re pricey but so freaking cute), you can almost never go wrong with squishies!
- Super Value with 6 Pieces of Halloween Themed Jumbo Size Soft Squishy Friends Toys. Height of the Toys Measure from 3.6 Inches to 5 Inches. Including Cute Halloween Themed Characters Jack-o'-lantern, Dracula, Werewolf, Witch, Zombie and Frankenstein
- Perfect for Stress Relief for Both Adults and Kids. Ideal as Squishy Toys for Kids Hand Eye Coordination, Develop Observing Ability, Cognitive Ability, Spatial Intelligence and Interpersonal Intelligence. Also Great to Boost Hand Blood Circulation.
- So Much Fun! Your Kids Will Not Stop Squeezing These Super Soft Cute Animal Toys. Great Party Favor for Halloween and Birthday.
- Super Quality & CHILD SAFE. These Kawaii Squishy Animal Toys are Made with High Quality Nontoxic Silicone. They are Designed to Withstand a Large Amount of Squeezing, Pinching, Fidgeting & Stretching.
- MONEY BACK GURANTEE- "Contact Seller" and we will refund you or ship you a replacement if the one you received fail to work in 90 days.
18. Scratch and Smell Stickers
I haven’t seen scratch and sniff stickers in ages! I used to love collecting them when I was little.
- Holiday-themed stickers are seasonal favorites - and smell as good as they look!
- Scratch 'em and sniff 'em for a burst of fragrance! Scent lasts for years of happy memories.
- Nontoxic, acid-free, and safe to use on photos and in scrapbook albums. Scents contain no nut oils.
- 3 designs; 4 sheets. 60 stickers total per pack. Each sticker 1" diameter.
Little pranksters will love getting realistic bugs to freak out their parents and siblings with. Trust me, I know this for a fact. I’ve been pranked with gross plastic bugs more times than I care to admit!
- Super Value Pack of 100 Pieces Realistic Bugs, 10 Different Inserts, 10 Each of 10 Assorted Bugs.
- 10 Fake Cockroaches, 20 Spiders, 10 Scorpions, 10 Ants, 10 Geckoes, 10 Centipedes, 10 Mice, 10 Flies, 10 Bats
- Perfect For Halloween Party Favors, Halloween Decorations, Halloween Party Supplies and April Fools' Day.
- Durable, Safe Plastic, Very Realistic, Scary, Put Them on the Table, Floor to Scare Your Friends, Family.
20. Gift Certificates
I’m not saying you should give every kid that comes to your door a $50 Amazon gift card, but you can usually buy or print packs of certificates for things like RedBox DVD rentals. french fries, and so on pretty cheap. I know both McDonald’s and Wendy’s has packs of coupons for like $1. Just watch the food certificates if the whole point of giving non-candy treats is to avoid food allergies.
These are all fun candy-free treats that kids of all ages will love. If you are the parent of a child with allergies, I’d love for you to weigh in on your favorites, and any tips that you have for making Halloween fun without the candy.
One last thing. If you are going to hand out non-candy treats, consider adding your address to the Teal Pumpkin Project Trick or Treat map so local parents can add your house to their safe route. You can also print out a Teal Pumpkin to hang in your window.
What types of fun candy-free treats do you like to give out? Share below!
Last update on 2020-04-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API