Feeling blue because you don’t have a Valentine? Maybe these funny & inspirational quotes about being single will cheer you up! Check them out, and remember, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with celebrating Valentine’s Day with yourself!
Love has never really worked out for me. I’m not feeling sorry for myself or anything, it’s just a simple fact. I’ve spent my whole life chasing after the idea of an epic love and it’s led me down some strange and bumpy roads.
I don’t have many regrets. Every relationship prior to the birth of my son put the pieces in place for his existence. Every relationship after taught me a valuable lesson. Even if Jake wasn’t a factor, I’ll never regret marrying his father. He’s the great love of my life and my soul mate in every way…except the one that makes it possible for us to work as a couple.
Still, romantic love and me? Not a good mix. So, I’ve given up on it. Again, not feeling sorry for myself. This isn’t an “oh, that poor girl” thing. This is a GOOD thing!
See, by giving up on the idea of falling in love and having a fairy tale happy ending, I’ve learned that I really am happier alone. I like having the whole bed to myself, making decisions without factoring in a partner, or even just watching what I want on TV every night.
FUNNY & INSPIRATIONAL QUOTES ABOUT BEING SINGLE
Okay, enough blah blah from me. You don’t want to hear my entire life story, right? You came here for quotes about being single! So, here they are below.
1. I wonder why
2. Remember, the Dalai Lama is single!
Don’t let society fool you into believing that if you don’t have a girlfriend or boyfriend then you’re destined for a life of misery. The Dalai Lama has been single for the last 80 years and he is one of the happiest people on earth. Stop searching for happiness in places outside of yourself, and start finding it where it has always been: within you.”
3. My alone feels so good…
4. A destiny so big…
5. Not a status..
6. Be happy…
7. Definitely better!
8. To love oneself…
9. It’s a choice, not a lack of options
10. Singular, not single
“ ‘You want to be single?’
I said yes. And then I told her that I thought single was a stupid term. It made it sound like you were unattached to anyone, unconnected to anything. I preferred the term singular. As in individual.”
11. Solitude is a good companion
12. Writers are never single!
13. It’s worth celebrating
14. There are worse things than being alone
15. Maybe they see how happy we are alone?
16. Most profound relationship
17. Fly solo
18. I have at least one of each, actually!
(In the interest of fairness towards ALL single people, it’s hard for anyone to settle for a human (man, woman, or non-binary) after getting used to the affection of a 4-legged creature!)
19. Be your own first love
20. Properly Value Yourself
21. Get to know yourself
More short quotes about being single
I was going to stop at 21, but I found so many more great short and sweet inspirational quotes about being single! I’m not getting fancy with these, though.
- ” He sleeps fastest who sleeps alone.” – Richard Avedond
- “Of all the people you will know in a lifetime, you are the only one you will never lose.” – Jo Coudert
- ” Don’t be scared to walk alone. Don’t be scared to like it. ” – John Mayer
- ” I love being single. It’s almost like being rich. ” – Sue Grafton
- ” Single |sin•gle| (adjective) – Too fabulous to settle.” ― Mandy Hale
- “I like being single. I’m always there when I need me. ” – Art Leo
- “If we seek paradise outside ourselves, we cannot have paradise in our hearts.” – Thomas Merton
- ” He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened. ” – Lao Tzu
- “It’s not about being single or in a relationship, it’s about feeling good about yourself. “- Akansh Malik
- “You alone are enough. You have nothing to prove to anybody. ” – Maya Angelou
- “All single people are not really single. They all have untold stories behind the scene.” ― Ahmed Ali Anjum
- ” I’m single because I was born that way. “- Mae West
- “Discover why you’re important, then refuse to settle for anyone who doesn’t completely agree. “- Fisher Amelie
- “The flower which is single need not envy the thorns that are numerous” -Rabindranath Tagore
I hope you enjoyed these inspirational quotes about being single. Remember, to paraphrase Katy Perry, you don’t need a Prince (or Princess) Charming to have your own happy ending.
These quotes are so true and I can definitely relate to them! Thank you for sharing them!