Got a friend that’s obsessed with the aesthetics trend? In other words, someone who loves beautiful things simply because they’re beautiful? Well, this gift guide is for you!
Most of these items below serve no real purpose other than to give us something pretty to look at, and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that. Sometimes, we just need to stop and smell the roses! Or, in the case of aesthetics, see them, I guess.
Actually, they do serve one purpose. I choose items created by artisans from Amazon’s Handmade section. So, while they may rely more heavily on aesthetics than function, your purchase does help artisans feed their families. 😀
- Purely Beautiful Gifts for People Obsessed with Aesthetics
- 1. Vintage Decorative Books
- 2. Rustic Wooden Bowls
- 3.Blown Glass Ornament
- 4. Gemstone Trees
- 5. Bath Bombs That Are Almost Too Pretty to Use
- 6. Pink Collage Kit
- 7. Vintage Typewriter with Butterfly Home Decor
- 8. Handmade Ceramic Teapots
- 9. Handmade Glass Vase & Candle
- 10. Paper Flowers Made From Vintage Maps
Purely Beautiful Gifts for People Obsessed with Aesthetics
I tried to choose a wide range of prices for these gift ideas. Times are super tight right now all around, so I know that we don’t all have $100+ to spend on things that are solely pretty and nothing else. A few of the items do serve a purpose, but I stayed true to my word- they were chosen for aesthetics first, function second.
Last note- I used affiliate links below, which means I earn a small commission if you buy through them, at no extra charge to you, of course.
1. Vintage Decorative Books
Vintage books are among the most beautiful things in the world, in my opinion. This set from Amazon includes actual books. It comes with about 8-10 tomes, so the price is pretty fair considering. Plus, no two sets are the same. That said, you could also easily create your own gift like this using amazing finds at flea markets, yard sales, or even your own library.
2. Rustic Wooden Bowls
When I was a nursing student, a patient gave me the most beautiful wooden bowl. I keep scented tarts in it, so it is somewhat functional. However, I love it more for the aesthetics (well, and the fact that this sweet man gave it to me) than anything.
That bowl is very similar to this one pictured here on Amazon. Use it as a centerpiece, a catchall, or just as something pretty to admire!
3.Blown Glass Ornament
I am fascinated by the art of glass blowing. It’s not something I’d ever have the patience for myself, so I just admire the fruits of other artisan’s labor. Blown glass can get pricey, and rightfully so, as it’s an involved process from what I understand. These ornaments, though, are budget-friendly and oh-so beautiful!
- Blown Glass Ornament - Suncatcher
- Each ornament is individually made and packaged with care
- Rich color, dense enough to stand out indoors yet, just transparent enough to let the sun shine through if hanging in a window
- Handcrafted Artist Product - Designed and handmade by Dehanna Jones - Seattle, WA
- Available in 25 different colors
4. Gemstone Trees
I have an amethyst and onyx gemstone tree that I got years ago for review, and I still love looking at it every day. For those who believe in the power of gemstones, these are actually as practical as they are beautiful. However, you don’t have to believe that crystals and stones hold any special powers to admire these pretty trees!
They come in a huge variety of stones and styles, but I love the Lapis Lazuli & Clear Quartz tree pictured here. Mostly because I really just love saying “lapis lazuli.” 🙂
5. Bath Bombs That Are Almost Too Pretty to Use
I know, I know, these are technically functional items, but they’re SO pretty, too! I think I’d end up setting them out in a pretty dish on my bathroom shelf rather than tossing them in a tub. They come in amazing scents like Mango-Papaya Island and Eucalyptus Wave.
When you do eventually use them, they’re paraben-free, totally vegan, and naturally colored (so no worries about them dying your tub blue or purple).
6. Pink Collage Kit
This is a neat gift idea for teenagers who love pink! It’s a kit filled with 50 different posters that complement each other. Make one giant collage or several smaller ones. All posters are printed on archival luster paper with professional inks that will last years. The 4 x 6 designs extend to the border.
Madaket Lane also sells kits in other colors if pink isn’t your thing. Plus, you can contact her for custom works and sizes.
- GLAM UP YOUR WALLS: Decorate your walls with this trendy, fun, and girly pink picture collage kit. Our blush pink aesthetic room decor is a mix of travel photos, inspirational quotes, and glam images
- UNIQUE STYLED DESIGN: Give your walls a makeover with this pretty wall decor kit. Our picture packs can be rearranged to keep up with your taste and style. Whether as a touch of pink in a minimalist space, or as an accent color, collage kits are perfect for teens
- PROTECTIVE PACKAGING: This rose pink set includes 50 posters printed on archival luster photo paper. Kits are shipped in a protective mailer box
- QUALITY GUARANTEED: Purchase Mi-Vibe collage kits with confidence. If there is any problem with your order, we’re happy to offer a full refund or replacement
- A LOVELY, THOUGHTFUL PRESENT: A wall collage kit is an easy present that you can give to anyone, be it your sister, niece, best friend, or roommate. It is a perfect gift for birthdays, graduation, Hanukkah, Christmas, or Kwanzaa
7. Vintage Typewriter with Butterfly Home Decor
I think this one may just be my favorite of all, and it’s insanely affordable to boot! It’s handmade by Cynthia Ferrara, an interior designer who has been featured in magazines like Architectural Digest and Country Living.
If you don’t love the old-fashioned typewriter & butterflies design as much as I do, check out the Yellowbird Art & Design store on Amazon for other neat vintage designs. The Dictionary-Style art prints are beautiful, too!
- UNFRAMED PICTURE - NOT Canvas or Tin Sign
- UNIQUE WALL ART DECOR - Cool original home decorations for office, living room, bedroom, bathroom, family room, man cave, dorm, dining room, kitchen, classroom, apartment, bar, baby nursery
- PERFECT PRESENT FOR EVERY OCCASION - Cute gift ideas for women, wife, girlfriend, her, girls, daughter, men, guys, boys, son, husband, boyfriend, him, kids, teens, best friend, cat lover, Christmas, Xmas, holiday, Halloween, housewarming, cheap inexpensive gag gifts, presents, bridal shower, wedding, birthday, anniversary
- SO MANY STYLES! Boho, bohemian, abstract, aesthetic, mid century modern, minimalist, contemporary, black art, African American, goth, gothic, pagan, country, rustic, vintage, shabby chic, farmhouse, typography, positive quotes, inspirational, motivational, Zen, religious, Christian, funny sayings, nautical, tropical artwork, beach, arte decoracion, retro, encouragement, glam
- SAVE ON MULTIPLE POSTERS, PRINTS, PHOTOS - See details at left
8. Handmade Ceramic Teapots
These gorgeous handmade ceramic teapots remind me so much of my two years living in Japan. I had quite a few of them that I picked up at a local ceramics shop, at flea markets (every few months, the base hosted a massive flea market with vendor from all over), and even some super inexpensive ones at the 100 yen store.
While these are quite a bit more expensive than those 100Y teapots I bought 20 years ago, they’re still fairly priced for a handmade set. They are functional in a way. You can’t boil water in them, but you can add hot water and steep your tea before pouring into the included cups.
9. Handmade Glass Vase & Candle
Inside this gorgeous handmade glass vase, you’ll find an equally lovely candle that smells like fresh rain! After you burn the candle, you’re left with a stunning piece of art that looks beautiful on your mantle.
While this one is my favorite (I love the autumn colors), you’ll find plenty of other options in the Vase Candle Amazon shop.
10. Paper Flowers Made From Vintage Maps
Of all the aesthetics gifts on this list, I think these have to be the most clever and unique. They’re stunning flowers made from vintage maps, then dipped in purple paint (or maybe dye, it doesn’t say). Each flower is attached to a floral wire stem, and the whole bunch is wrapped up with a matching ribbon. You can even customize your set if you want.
Dana’s Paper Flowers also sells buds made from other items, like sheet music, comic books, and more. Different sized “bouquets” are available as well.
I had so much fun writing this post! Whether I’m working on gift ideas or shopping for myself & my own family, I’m always looking at function first and fun second. I found it so relaxing to just browse for pretty things! Maybe there’s something to this aesthetics trend after all!
Last update on 2022-05-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API