Every year around this time, I start to get a little anxious because Easter is just a few days away and I’m still not done with Jacob’s basket. When it comes to Christmas, I’m done a good month in advance, but for some reason, Easter just sneaks up on me! While Easter isn’t nearly as elaborate as Christmas in our house, I still like to give him a nice basket. If you’re like me and still haven’t barely started on gifts for your little man, these ideas may help. I broke it down into a few categories to make it easier.
5 Easter Basket Gift Ideas for Your Gamer
- Skylanders Giants. If he already has the Portal of Power and the game itself, Easter is a great time to add on some characters. If he doesn’t have the game, Amazon has the Skylanders Giants Starter Kit on sale for $39.99 (at the time I’m writing this). That’s an amazing deal, considering it’s usually about $70!
- Minecraft. Jacob is a huge fan of this game, and I know a lot of parents aren’t really loving it, but he creates entire worlds out of nothing. To me, that’s impressive. If you don’t already have it and are considering getting it, the Minecraft: Xbox 360 Editionis available for $19.99 at Gamestop. Already have the game? How about a cool Minecraft Foam Sword?
- Posters from their favorite games. My son loves posters because they look cool. I like them because it’s an easy way to create a theme in a room without the commitment of painting or buying themed furniture items. Check out the poster racks for some cool posters from Skylanders Giants, Minecraft, or other games he loves.
- Pokemon- If your gamer is into Pokemon, then just about anything from the franchise makes for great Easter basket gift ideas. The brand new Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity would definitely be a hit though!
- XBOX Live- This is really a great gift for the whole family, as you can use it to watch Netflix, Hulu Plus, and more. Right now, you can snag a Xbox LIVE 12 Month Gold Membership Card for $39.99 on Amazon.
5 Easter Basket Gift Ideas for Your Sports Fan
- Sports books. Books like The Everything Kids’ Baseball Book and The World’s Greatest Soccer Players are a great way to get your young sports fan reading!
- Magazine Subscription. Get your sports fan a subscription to Sports Illustrated for Kids, and the fun will continue all year long. Put a picture of the latest magazine cover in the basket so he knows what he’s getting.
- T-shirt from favorite team or player. Roll up a shirt from your son’s favorite team or player and stuff it in the Easter basket so he can show it off to all his friends.
- Sports cards. Just about every sport has a set of cards out there now!
- MLB Spot It Game- If you have a baseball fanatic in your house, the MLB Spot-It Game is sure to be a hit. It’s kind of like Memory meets Go Fish meets sports trivia.
5 Easter Basket Gift Ideas for Young Readers
- Captain Underpants. We did a review of the latest Captain Underpants book recently, and Jacob became an instant fan. He’s read several more since, and often in a single day! They average about 80 pages or so, so that’s pretty amazing for my little reader!
- Superhero books. Comic book fans will love books like Meet The Marvel Super Heroes, which features facts and trivia on all their favorite Marvel heroes. This is also a great book for parents to read with kids, as it will help catch you up on the Marvel universe so you can keep up with conversation with your son.
- Joke books. Does your son love telling jokes? Are you getting a little tired of hearing the same ones over and over? Give him some new material with a brand new joke book or two.
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid Do-It-Yourself Book. Jacob picked up the The Wimpy Kid Do-It-Yourself Book at a book fair last year, and he spent hours answering the questions and doing the activities. I love it because it inspires his imagination and helps with his writing skills. He loves it because it’s just fun!
- Cool bookmarks. Inspire your young reader to delve into more chapter books with a few really cool bookmarks in a theme he loves. Bonus- make them yourself and save money! All it takes is some card-stock paper, a printer, and maybe some lamination to make them last longer.
25 More Fun Easter Basket Gift Ideas for Boys
- Temporary tattoos
- iTunes gift card
- Google Play gift card for Android devices
- Silly putty
- Crayons, markers, and colored pencils (for the creative types)
- Hot Wheels
- Small craft kits for boys
- Playing cards
- Cool body wash and bubble bath (Jake loves anything with Spongebob on it)
- DVDs- Jake’s getting Wreck-It-Ralph and Rise of the Guardians.
- Sidewalk chalk
- Whoopie Cushion- For the jokester!
- Glow Wands
- Comic books
- Movie tickets
- A Coupon book from you, with coupons for things like “Ice-cream for dinner night” “family movie night,” and so on.
- Money- I put change in the eggs that Jacob hunts for, it only adds up to a few dollars but he loves it!
- Bouncy balls- Jake can’t seem to have enough of these for some reason!
- Small LEGO kits (like the ones that come in a little baggie)
- Stuffed animal (I like the ones from Kohls, because they’re only $5 and the money goes to a good cause).
- A cool new kid-centric watch
Do you have any great Easter basket gift ideas for boys? I could always use more inspiration!